Product Support Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Product Support Engineering team is a global third line support function within Cybersource. It carries responsibility for low-level investigation of service deficiencies and enhancement requests. The role liaises regularly with numerous departments internally at all levels including Value Added Services, Settlement and Reporting, Product Development, Product Management, Operations, and their equivalent entities globally.
What a Product Support Engineer Does At Visa
The Product Support Engineer (PSE) plays a critical role in delivering world-class service to Visa/Cybersource clients. As the third line support function within Cybersource, it carries responsibility for low-level investigation of service deficiencies and enhancement requests. The role liaises regularly with numerous departments internally at all levels including Value Added Services, Settlement and Reporting, Product Development, Product Management, Operations, and their equivalent entities globally. The role will troubleshoot all service faults and enhancement requests raised by the Cybersource Customer Support team, offering response and resolution within agreed service level targets.
Work streams covered by this role are scheduled, proactive and reactive in nature making this one of the most varied and flexible roles within the company. The role carries implicit seniority, so whilst there is no management of staff, the candidate will be required to offer training and coaching to junior engineers and present technical issues to non-technical colleagues at all levels within the organization. This role reports into the Director, Product Support Engineering.
In this role, you are expected below responsibilities, with a primary focus on strategic client in Japan:
- Field escalated tickets from Cybersource Support teams globally.
- Act as technical escalation point for client issues, both internally and, where required, externally.
- Investigate 3rd line issues arising from our client’s use of Cybersource’s service in line with our agreed SLA.
- Liaise internationally with junior engineers and Technical Account Managers (TAMs) to report on issues affecting the service relationship with all tiers of merchant.
- Incident Management - Represent Client Services on Incidents and manage both internal and external communication.
- Coordinate the international escalation of service issues across time zones to ensure timely resolution of client requests and to optimize service continuity.
- Liaise with Account Managers and the senior management team to provide optimal service to our merchants and occasionally share the ownership of the service relationship with the client as required.
- Answer internal enquiries directed toward the support team of a technical and account related nature.
- Educate both junior engineers and non-technical staff through training and presentation.
- Deliver client experience advice and feedback to internal development and product teams to ensure optimum product usability.
- Achieve and maintain status as SME across one or more of the Cybersource and/or Visa product lines.
Why this is important to Visa?
The SME function within Cybersource is a crucial role in ensuring that various stakeholders are aware of new challenges, products and requirements within an ever-changing landscape. Aside from supporting Incidents the SME function will underline requirements, as well as training for new products and improvements, enhancements and bugs. With a specialised knowledge set of Merchant services offered, the SME role is uniquely positioned to support most internal stakeholders in a variety of functions.
Projects You Will Be a Part Of
This role will troubleshoot all service faults and enhancement requests raised by the Cybersource Customer Support team, with a primary focus on a strategic client in Japan, offering response and resolution within agreed service level targets.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday (Sunday in some countries where Sunday is the start of the week) and Wednesdays. Wednesdays are designated as in-office collaboration days. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership.
What You Will Need
As a Candidate, You Should Have
We are looking for an individual who brings breadth of experience, a curiosity about payments, is results-driven and client focused.
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience customer support role in software, financial or information services industry
- Prior experience of a 2nd/3rd line support role
- Must be able to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent projects and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience in working with cross-functional/cross-departmental and virtual teams
- Self-starter with strong organization and resolution management skills
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, and ability to quickly learn new technical domains
- Extensive programming experience (Java, REST, C/C++, Perl, etc.), and markup languages (HTML, XML)
- Basic network troubleshooting experience
- Native fluency in Japanese, and business-level in English
What Will Also Help
- Consulting experience
- Card-not-present / Card present / EMV knowledge
- Strong understanding of Japan domestic payment processing infrastructure, technologies, and security standards
- Risk mitigation methodology experience is strongly preferred
- Should be experienced with working in matrixed organisations
- Understanding of Cybersource products and services will be beneficial
- Networking experience
- Incident Management experience
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship.
Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions