Product Manager (Payroll)
We are MYOB
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & Aotearoa Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Join our Enterprise Product team as they define the way mid-market businesses, do business! This is an exciting opportunity to help continue to grow an established payroll product that supports well-known companies both in New Zealand and Australia
As Product Manager, you will champion the Payglobal payroll product. Your domain expertise in payroll along with your passion to engage with customers and partners will allow you to bring to life the voice of the customer ensuring we are solving the right problems to help our customers succeed.
You will be comfortable working with internal and external teams to take an initiative all the way from initial idea through to delivery in the hands of our customers and then ensuring our customers are benefitting from what we have delivered.
The Skills Required
- Deep understanding of Australian and New Zealand payroll
- Significant experience with end-to-end Product Management lifecycle
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrable experience managing a stakeholder group and leading through influence rather than authority
- Demonstrated capability to prioritize deliverables based on customer value
- Experience presenting and demonstrating products to stakeholders to ensure they understand key features and benefits
- Ability to work with go-to-market teams to help formulate the value proposition and positioning
- Experience working with development and cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Experience engaging with customers to validate product ideas (including usability research and idea validation)
- A solid understanding of agile principles of development
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task, establish priorities and self-motivate
- Flexibility in working with clients in different time zones
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity. We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. We’d love to hear from you on regarding this role, or if it’s not the right time, join our talent community so that we can reach out regarding future roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more