Product Manager, Privacy
As a technology and innovation business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
With industry leading business and technology teams, backed by research and analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers (in-store and online) and sellers.
Our Product Practice is amongst the strongest and largest in Australia. Our mission is to build exceptional Product Management capability that drives innovation, creates value for our customers and team and delivers results across the ecosystem.
As the Product Manager for Woolworths Privacy, you will use your customer, technology, and business acumen to develop the product strategy and roadmap for Woolworth’s Group to deliver innovative, intuitive and secure experiences that maintain the high level of trust the Woolworths brand is known for. Your remit will focus on the co-ordinated rollout of the customer-facing Woolworths Privacy strategy across the Woolworths digital ecosystem.
Working with stakeholders including technology, design, privacy, legal, security, brand, partner channel product managers and marketing, you will develop a Product Strategy and Feature Roadmap that delivers customer and business value.
Your Key Areas Of Focus Include
- Awareness & Transparency of our privacy practices
- How Customers can manage their privacy
- Build relationships with and manage a multitude of stakeholders in a matrixed organisation to understand your Product vision and align on your roadmap to deliver
- Partnering with your business stakeholders and squad, become the digital subject matter expert on Woolworths privacy, both for current solutions and defining future vision
- Identify and keep track of technology, market trends and competitor activity
- Brief and utilize research to gain actionable insights and apply them in your product strategies
- Analyse data relating to your product and implement optimisations based on the analysis
- Participate in team planning, scoping and status meetings and make decisions to keep product delivery on track
- Continuously identify opportunities to optimise and evolve the privacy and data capability to benefit our customer outcomes
- Manage key strategic cross-functional relationships
- Drive a high-performing team's Agile processes and delivery
- Create a test & learn environment
To Succeed In The Role
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an environment where you can work on complex Product features
- You are skilled at translating business & customer needs into Product plans
- You have experience working with engineering teams to break down the Product plans and deliver best-in-class Products in a high performing retail environment
- Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a cross functional environment
- Your stakeholder skills enable you to influence roadmaps and deliverables across tribes and squads
- You have experience working in Agile framework
- You are knowledgeable about current data and privacy principles and have ambitions of becoming a “subject matter expert” with support from the Woolworths Legal and Privacy teams
What knowledge and experiential requirements do I need to be successful?
- 5+ years worth of Product management experience across digital properties
- Solid understanding of identity and privacy domains and the digital capabilities required to support best practice, including experience within identity management product features and solutions
- Strong strategic, analytical, commercial and stakeholder management ability
- Delivered a Product, application, or multiple features from inception through to delivery end to end, including adoption and change management
- Ability to lead cross-functional squads and align team members around common goal
- Critical thinking, analysis and out of the box thinking to develop strategies to overcome challenges and assist others in doing the same
- High standard of verbal and written communication
- Experience in working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong eye for detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Works well under pressure to deliver results whilst maintaining values
- Ability to multi-task and manage stakeholders and team members across multiple features and streams
- Ability to articulate ideas and deliver in a way that is clearly understood and achieves outcomes
- Ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Ability to influence and work cross-functionally across many departments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Innovative, strategic thinker, customer focused, able to deal with ambiguity, self-motivated
- Highly collaborative with stakeholders at various levels, to deliver business outcomes
- Articulates vision and sets appropriate goals
- Sound interpersonal skills to work hand in hand with internal teams and stakeholders
- Manages time, prioritises and delegates effectively
- Cost and results focused
- Focused on squad / tribe outcomes; motivates individuals based on their own roles
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Find yourself in a job that found you! If this role is not quite right but you are interested in a career at Woolworths you can join our talent community by registering your expression of interest here.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday