Developer - Accountants Segment
We are MYOB
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & Aotearoa Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
You’ll be part of a Product team responsible for designing innovative, forward-thinking products that people enjoy using. The customer is at the centre of everything we do, and we’re always working to learn what they need from MYOB.
Do you want work in a place where
- Quality focus is highly valued and a mandatory part of delivery
- Deployment is fully automated to production – Daily
- Everything is in the cloud AWS – we practice DevOps having a “you build it – you own it” mindset
- A truly awesome team works together and supports each other to succeed
Then read on…
What will I be doing in this role?
You will be part of a collaborative cross-functional agile team, surrounded by our engineering and experience team members of Product Managers; Designers; Business Analysts and Quality Analysts. Your team members are often seen at conferences, meetups (industry events) sharing their expert knowledge & experiences.
Our mission is to ensure that our Developers can craft software that they can deploy and take ownership of.
What do you need to be considered?
Ideally, as a Developer, you will have a strong understanding of software principles and practices such as clean code and continuous delivery.
- You’re a passionate developer who is comfortable learning and applying a variety of languages, frameworks, and platforms such as C#, React, Node, and AWS serverless technologies
- You are an advocate of test-driven development and creating clean and maintainable code
- You like to deploy regularly and focus on continuous delivery and automated deployments
- We are a highly collaborative team and you are comfortable working closely with your colleagues daily (such as pair- and mob-programming)
- You have the willingness to work in a DevOps environment with a build-it, run-it mentality
- Love to learn! Read books and blogs, try new things in technology
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference, you need to work at MYOB. We look forward to meeting you.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity. We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. We’d love to hear from you on regarding this role, or if it’s not the right time, join our talent community so that we can reach out regarding future roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more