Customer Technical Services Analyst II
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Customer Technical Services Analyst II
Provide operational and technical support for customers analyzing a wide variety of issues, determine needed actions, and follow through to resolution. Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products or services and handle and resolve customer issues via telephone and electronic communications (e-mail/chat).
- Serve as focal point for customer issues, concerns and requests for enhancements.
- Capture detailed and accurate information about issues, concerns and enhancements.
- Work with Japan/global customers to complete service inquiries about MasterCard core applications and products.
- Collaborate with others in support of products, processes and problem resolution.
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate, resolve and present to internal/external customers.
- Simulate or recreate user issues to resolve operating difficulties.
- Requires general supervision; decisions and actions are based on established procedures and assigned tasks.
- Basic college education or equivalent work experience with emphasis in business, finance or information technology.
Knowledge / Experience
- customer service experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge in the field.
- Native speaker required (Japanese)
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Above average interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Analytical/problem solving and planning skills and the ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work based on current business needs.
- Liaise with the project architect and/or technical support teams to confirm and substantiate functional and technical designs.
- Investigate customer issues with web service applications to find and communicate solutions
- Serve as focal point for customer issues and capture detailed and accurate information about issues, concerns and enhancements.
- Identify and analyze processing incidents to communicate with both customers and internal partners
- Provide documentation of current processes, improvements to existing processes, and apply existing support knowledge to build out support models for new products and services
- Adapt personal work style to accommodate an ever changing, diverse and global environment
- Uses analytical and problem solving skills to help provide solutions that satisfy business needs
- Navigate and adapt quickly to a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Assist with the learning and deploying new technologies as needed.
- Must have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Open to shift rotation between 8am – 9pm, Monday to Friday.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities