Product Manager II - Modern Banking Platform Loans
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
5 - 10%
We are FIS. We are the world’s largest provider of financial software and services. FIS designs and develops solutions that move the world’s money around. If you’re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team:
The Next Gen Banking product management team consists of a dedicated team of product managers focused on delivering a modern, componentized core banking platform. They focus on end-to end processes with expertise in deposit and loan processing, customer management, operational reporting, and the banking ecosystem.
What you will be doing?
As a Product Manager for FIS’ Modern Banking Platform, you will be able to impart your knowledge of lending products and processing to directly impact the solution offering with market leading capabilities. The role prioritizes new features so that engineering delivers capabilities that meet both client and market requirements while driving new revenue for the business. There is some flexibility on location for this role and you may be based in New Zealand or Australia.
While this role is primarily focused on lending within the APAC region/New Zealand, the product manager will collaborate with product managers in other regions to align on base and regional-specific roadmaps.
In this role you will be responsible for providing the vision and strategy for the retail lending component of the Modern Banking Platform. Working with key strategic clients you will ensure capability of product and successful outcomes. You will also:
- Update and maintain the product roadmap that align with the strategy and vision
- Maintain and prioritize the feature backlog
- Participate in PI planning with engineering to ensure high priority items are communicated and including in the release delivery plan
- Research current and upcoming trends that drive strategy and roadmap
- Work collaboratively with product owners to ensure requirements are complete
What you will need:
- 5 to 7 years of banking knowledge with emphasis on retail banking lending and/or loan processing
- Strong communication skills interacting with clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Leadership skills to interact with multiple management levels across all key areas including product management, engineering, and the line of business executives.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
Added bonus if you have:
- Prior product management experience in financial services or fintech organization
- Experience in drafting and understanding system-level business requirements
- Knowledge of core banking platforms
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests