Senior Manager, Sales Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s business continues to scale globally, we are seeking a highly strategic Senior Manager, Sales Operations to join the Global Sales Operations team to drive and deliver key sales initiatives. Reporting to our Director of Sales Operations and working in partnership with local Sales leaders, you will be responsible for owning the go-to-market operationalisation of strategic initiatives that drive merchant customer growth, trade and profitability.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Develop the Go-To-Market rollout plans and roadmaps for new initiative launches across Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance and Legal, ensuring cross-functional processes and communications are implemented for seamless execution
- Drive analytical modelling, process mapping and implementation of strategic initiatives across Sales for merchant adoption, e.g. cross border trade, new channel expansion, loyalty, rebrand, Afterpay Day sales, etc.
- Establish measurement and reporting mechanisms of all-new initiative rollouts with regular management updates and communications
- Work with Merchant Data, Analytics and Commercial Sales Strategy teams to assess merchant transaction and trade trends and implement dashboards and triggers for action that protect and drive future volumes
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to develop and implement trade optimisation strategies
- Measure and analyse Sales targets in regards to initiative rollouts, activity, opportunity management and related dashboards to drive implementation
- Enhance global and local dashboard and merchant performance reporting capabilities
- Conduct a review of current sales initiatives to ensure maximum return and optimisation
- Build an industry segmentation framework and strategy for merchant engagement
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for solving complex and unstructured problems, creating solutions, and negotiating across multiple stakeholders
- You’ll have a minimum of 10 years related experience in Sales Strategy/Operations and/or Project Management, ideally within Retail or Payments
- Your strong analytical and quantitative skills and attention to detail will be tested
- You have a deep understanding of how Sales models and processes work
- You’re adept at using Salesforce reporting, Excel, Slides, Tableau
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.