Sr Technical Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Senior Technical Consultant has three primary responsibilities within a customer project:
- Owns the technical implementation of the ACI Acquirer/Issuer solution; either as whole solution or as part of a bigger solution once the technical solution has been defined.
- Provides guidance to the project’s ACI Technical Consultant(s) through their internal testing, installation, configuration and testing support activities; and is thereby responsible for the quality of these activities.
- Acts as a technical consultant to the client on ACI Acquirer / Issuer products; with emphasis on the card acquiring and issuing domains.
This role requires significant experience with Merchant Acquiring and Card Issuing Clearing and Settlement platforms and domain expertise in merchant acquiring, card issuing as well as clearing and settlement of various card schemes within the payment space.
The role is client-facing at times and therefore requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. The person filling the role must be prepared to travel for onsite implementation as well as meetings with clients.
The Senior Technical Consultant’s detailed responsibilities include:
- During the Solution Planning phase, support/assist the Product Owner/ Project Manager in defining/clarifying the technical tasks required to implement a project, including estimating these tasks where required.
- Reviewing the Solution Definition Document (SDD) or Product Requirement document (PRD) drawn up by the Product Owner/Solution Architect to understand the solution prior to distribution to the client.
- Owning the ACI solution design once it has been handed over from the ACI Product Owner/Solution Architect.
- Understand ACI’s Implementation Methodology (IM) and Product Development Methodology (PDM) and be able to adapt these to suit the project.
- Raising an alert to the Product Owner/Project Manager and initiating the appropriate change request where problems with the system design or implementation are encountered which cannot be worked around without changes to the solution.
- Processing technical change requests to the solution and feeding the resultant actions from these changes back to the Product Owner/ Project Manager.
- Reviewing functional specifications written by Software Engineers for consistency with the customer’s requirements and solution design. Answering any questions that the engineers raise regarding client requirements.
- Participating in retrospective/post-project reviews.
- Deep expertise in acquiring, clearing and settlement functionality in the Card Scheme payments domain.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service skills are necessary, and strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%, depending on project and business needs.
Please note that for larger projects these responsibilities may be divided amongst several individuals.
Senior Technical Consultant will provide regular verbal or written status updates to the Product Owner/Project Manager on any design or consultancy actions they currently own. They are also responsible for informing the Product Owner/Project Manager of any technical risks they become aware of.
Externally, the Senior Technical Consultant interfaces with both the business and delivery departments of banks and financial institutions, retailers, and processors of various sizes.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
More than 5 years experience in the following (sourced from appropriate experience in a Back Office software solution)
- Visa, MasterCard, Amex, UnionPay card scheme clearing and settlement
- Card Scheme Interchange qualification and rates
- Merchant MSF and fee calculation, statements and merchant settlement
- Merchant reconciliation
- Interchange PLUS and associated merchant pricing options
- Chargeback and dispute processing
- Visa, MasterCard, Amex, UnionPay card issuance and card production processes
- Visa, MasterCard, Amex, UnionPay scheme clearing and settlement
- Chargeback and dispute processing
- Implementation, configuration and technical support of a Back office based issuing solution such as ACI CMM, VisionPLUS or similar
- Card / Payment Scheme certification
- Experience defining and working with Input Payment Transaction File types and transfers
- Knowledge of Linux and/or UNIX platforms
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or Postgres database
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Experience working in a customer facing project role as a Technical SME / Consultant
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE include the following:
- Knowledge of COBOL programming language
- Ability to write shell-type (e.g. Perl, Python) scripts on UNIX/Linux platforms
- Ability to travel both within the Pacific region and abroad depending on project and business needs where required
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- If the candidate does not have a degree in software development, he or she will have to demonstrate significant experience within the industry and familiarity with the Card Scheme payment ecosystem.
Your application has been successfully submitted.