This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
10x Future Technologies Services Limited (10x) is a B2B technology company that provides banks with a cloud-native core banking platform. Our aim is to transform banking - we believe in making banking 10x better for customers, banks and society. At the heart of our platform is the 10x SuperCore™. With its transformational end-to-end architecture, everything has been designed from first principles to bring forward a new way of banking. We enable our client banks to engage their customers with more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money. To support the achievement of our aim, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join our fast-growing team.
Delivering the very best new cloud-native banking platform is at the heart of the 10x proposition.For the majority of banking customers, the way banking services are consumed has changed forever. Yet we believe there is so much more that can be delivered, and our technology capability is key to that new customer experience. Join us and you will help define an approach that is second to none and at the forefront of innovation in banking and the wider FinTech sector.
About The Role
The Australian Payments domain is looking for skilled Software Engineers to help us build and maintain our Next Generation Banking platform.
As a Software Development Engineer at 10x, you are passionate about working with cutting-edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge and experience with Microservice systems to deliver high quality, scalable solutions.
You have a track record of developing solutions in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are comfortable owning code from inception through to deployment.
You will be keen to solve problems beyond the borders of your immediate team and demonstrate that you can think on multiple levels; from strategic and tactical to driving operational excellence and system availability. You are adept at reading code and designing systems that are able to exceed the exacting demands of our clients.
- Solid Java software development skillset, ideally utilising Java 12 and the Spring framework, in particular Spring Boot 2.x.
- A demonstrable Test Driven Development mindset, with good experience in writing unit, integration, and functional tests specifically for web services.
- Good knowledge of Linux, comfortable writing Bash.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other big data and streaming technologies.
- Prior experience working with SQL databases, strong knowledge around PostgreSQL or CockroachDB.
- A keen interest in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment, capable of writing Jenkins pipelines, experience with build tools such as Gradle / Maven.
- Experience in helping lead the development lifecycle process, best practices and operating distributed cloud-based microservices.
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, operating system principles, networking, and software development best practices.
- Strong knowledge of designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience building and deploying production level Microservices using Docker / Kubernetes / Helm.
- Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code
- Good experience of delivering software in an Agile manner, working as part of a Scrum team.
- Experience of Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber
- Performance testing with Gatling / JMeter and resilience testing with Gremlin / Chaos Monkey or similar.
- Familiar with Contract testing using Pact.
- Comfortable writing simple stubs using NodeJS.
- Prior experience using Prometheus / Grafana to build a system monitoring dashboard.
- Experience building and operating services on AWS
- Past experience of designing systems or components on large projects.
- Knowledge around the use of a Service Mesh (i.e. Linkerd / Consul)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra / Redis / Elasticsearch / Mongo)
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments.
- Competitive compensation package
- 23 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday plus Public Holidays
- Subscription to Headspace wellbeing app
- Regular company-funded socials
- All the latest tech you need to enable you to deliver excellent output
- You will also be eligible for any additional employee benefits that the Company may introduce in the future
More About 10x
Our 10x teams in the UK and Australia provide our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions. They work across API development, security, cloud-native engineering and payments technology and include UI and UX designers, technical architects and data experts.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach Transformation, Integrity and Impact.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our aim is to transform banking