Delivery Specialist - Payments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Ready for a challenge? Opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting retail transformations in Australia.
Our Story The Woolworths Group has been focused on the importance of digital and what we need to do to better serve our customers through creating shopping experiences that are personalised, seamless, and convenient.
Enter WooliesX. WooliesX is the combination of our digital businesses working in collaboration together to capitalise on the communities of professionals we have at Woolworths. We create new teams, with new practices, and a modern dynamic engineering culture by investing in the right people and resources to make it possible. We’re proud of the work we do and want to be known for delivering exceptional client experiences with great work-life balance. WooliesX is structured by communities of capabilities, chapters, which bring different skills into our execution teams, squads. The focus within our chapters is to develop strategies, skills, and capabilities through training and conversations. Our squads focus on specific business benefits and the creation of solutions to capitalise on opportunities within their business areas.
Where we play
WooliesX Hub is based 2 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The brand new sites have been designed to support flexible working with different spaces for activities such as collaboration, brainstorming, or relaxing. With flexible working at our core, our teams have the option to work from home, out of our Surry Hills offices, or our corporate head office in Bella Vista.
What is my role purpose?
- The Delivery Specialist is responsible for squads to adopt the WooliesX Payments Agile Ways of working and to ensure squads are consistently delivering value as per product backlog.
- The Delivery Specialist acts as a facilitator and coach, supporting the squad to self-organise, inspect and adapt to make changes quickly and easily in the delivery of business outcomes.
- The Delivery Specialist supports the squad to adopt a continuous improvement mindset, and improve the team’s problem solving abilities. The Delivery Specialist helps to remove team impediments as well as fostering a continuous improvement mindset.
- The Delivery Specialist is a servant-leader across multiple squads, resolving and creating
- transparency across stakeholders in impediments impacting delivery.
- The Delivery Specialist is an important role; at the forefront of agile adoption, working to grow and mature our agile ways of working here at WooliesX Payment
What am I accountable for?
- Support the squad to deliver customer and user value each increment (i.e. getting to ‘done’ and deliverable valuable customer outcomes every sprint).
- Coach and mentor squads in Scrum and the Payments agile ways of working towards minimum standards and beyond.
- Facilitating workshops to uncover requirements from various stakeholders as well as defining future state with customer representatives involvement.
- Ensuring the business and technical components of the solution collectively provide the outcome for the customer.
- Running regular project cadence meetings as required (i.e. working groups, stakeholder update meetings etc.).
- Ensuring the impact of decisions are reviewed in the context of the customer, vision, and value stream purpose / mission.
- Participate in the organisation and facilitation of Payments’s Quarterly Delivery Cycle, Including our Quarterly Big Room Planning events
- Be an active contributor to realising our Payments agile transformation agenda, through proactive collaboration, contributing to learning events and developing collateral to support our transition to an agile organisation.
- Deliver training to squads as needed, particularly where there is a capability or maturity gap in the team.
- Visual Management Boards: ensuring physical and digital squad boards portray useful information to the team and stakeholders.
- Data quality in tools, including adoption of the Payments 4-tier JIRA pattern and knowledge repositories in Confluence,
- Squads working with transparency, inspection and adaptation e.g. to undertake meaningful
- retrospectives, to collaborate, reduce handoffs, etc.
- Facilitate impediment removal: teach problem solving skills. Help protect the squad from disturbances.
- Conduct successful risk identification, risk management and dependency management, through such events as the Scrum of Scrums, cross-value stream huddles and key artefacts such as an Integrated Program Delivery Roadmap and product roadmaps.
- Be an active contributor and communicator; be known for creating a positive and motivated squad environment.
- Use of metrics to support decision making and planning, such as velocity, lead times, burn up and burn down charts, cycle times, quality reporting (e.g. bugs and defects).
- Prepare sprint status reports to enable transparency across various levels of stakeholders.
- Progress reporting on outcomes metrics against program and product roadmap.
- Implement an action plan for squads if progress of outcomes is off track.
- Risk and Issue Management at squad/project level.
- Ensure Product Owner priorities and Payments strategic priorities are reflected in squad backlogs.
- Drive scope decomposition techniques in accordance with our Scope Decomposition Framework and agile techniques such as minimum viable discovery.
- Be an agent of change; a resilient change agent.
- Empower the squad through intent-based leadership (self-awareness, listens, increases communication and transparency, coaches and doesn’t control, unleashes energy and intelligence of others).
Which business am I supporting?
Our Payments business and operations are serving our customers and teams 24/7 in real time.
- Transformation Projects and Programs
- Consumer Business
- Merchant Business
What do I need to be successful?
- Ensuring clear operating rhythm for teams to drive delivery and outcomes.
- Removing roadblocks and impediments so the team can deliver against a committed plan.
- Driving cultural change within a fast-paced delivery environment.
- Complexities navigating multiple priorities and stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- Addressing the challenges of maintaining team efficiency levels whilst the team are learning new ways of working.
- Project delivery experience in digital environments. (payments experience is highly desirable)
- Extensive Scrum Master experience, working end-to-end on complex projects/programs of work
- Strong technical understanding and development background desirable
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Familiarity and exposure to multiple Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Tribal, Kanban, SAFe), with an ability to be agnostic of agile frameworks when assessing the most valuable way forward.
- Practical evidence of working in Agile delivery; managing product backlogs, prioritising requests, writing user stories, sprint planning, iterations, retros, stand-ups
- Scrum Master, Product Owner and/or Agile Coach certification and experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology highly desirable.
- Expertise with the use of tools which includes JIRA, Confluence and others.
- Familiar with project management principles, techniques and tools.
You’re a passionate and pragmatic agile evangelist, with an interest in many facets of the agile world. You have a strong appetite for learning, as well as for teaching/ coaching/ mentoring others. You’re a passionate Delivery Specialist, with in-depth knowledge of the theory and pragmatic practice of Scrum and a proven track record in value-based delivery. You’re more than likely to be an active contributor in the agile community.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday