Head of Strategic Initiatives
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Shopify empowers more than 1 million merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. We're with our merchants each step of the way to help them start, and scale their businesses while allowing them to sell through numerous channels.
The world needs more Shopify: if you are driven by new challenges, hustle and great growth opportunities this is the place to be!
We’re looking for an experienced leader / project manager to drive our strategic initiatives forward. The ideal candidate not only love working in a highly collaborative and rapidly evolving environment, but also has a strategic understanding of the APAC commerce market and tenured business acumen to GSD. At Shopify we’re merchant obsessed, and this role will be structuring the conditions for success so that the strategy and direction of how we delight our APAC merchants while in high growth continues to move forward in a seamless way.
This role will report to the Shopify APAC Managing Director.
Shopify is a rocket ship that is growing extremely fast. In the APAC market this growth is coupled with new market entry, new products launching and enormous opportunities everywhere. Focus and execution is imperative. These strategic Initiatives in our region need and deserve a project management rockstar with diverse business acumen. Comfortable working in a global organisation and cross functionally to own our large strategic projects. Leveraging local market knowledge, data and teams of experts to deliver a cross functional approach.
- Help define the strategic priorities of the APAC region based on our growth goals
- Own the execution of strategic priorities from agreement with Senior Leadership through to ship date
- Work cross functionally and globally to not only manage the projects but to partner and gain support from the necessary global support functions or teams
- Drive prioritisation and ensure alignment with head office
- Identify opportunities for both new and innovative ways on how to improve our project tracking methodologies, effectiveness, and rhythm in the region
- Optimise our ability to leverage the incredible and diverse talent in our region to achieve our strategic priorities
- Challenge our thinking and be comfortable having the tough conversations
- Diverse business experience and a deep understanding of the APAC market
- Experience building, scaling and optimising SaaS / commerce businesses in the APAC region
- Worked in a global organisation and experienced working across multiple functions
- Creates impact through influence, not authority
- Experience working across multiple levels of stakeholders to drive cross functional results
- Deep project management experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of the metrics behind performing businesses/opportunities - but with a healthy dose of judgement to interpret what the metrics really mean
- Healthy sense of who you are, how to have fun, and how to build world class teams. Who you are matters more than what you’ve done
- Nice to have a clear understanding of the commerce market in APAC
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business