Senior Manager, Disputes and Resolutions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay is looking for a dynamic, innovative and cross-functional Disputes and Resolutions Senior Manager to join our Risk and Analytics team. In this role, you will report directly to the Global Head of Merchant Risk and work cross functionally; you’ll lead the design, implementation and policy framework of Afterpay disputes and resolutions program to be in line with payments industry standards to deliver against Afterpay’s strategic priorities.
The ideal candidate has drive, resilience, versatility, outstanding communication and leadership skills, is well-versed in the payments space, enjoys interdisciplinary collaboration, and knows how to roll out programs across regions in a challenging, vibrant and fast-paced environment.
· Lead the design and implementation of disputes and resolutions program considering best industry practices for chargebacks and customer claims resolution.
· Partner with the Intelligent Resolution sr product manager to ensure a successful development and implementation of resolution programs.
· Work closely with Operations, merchant risk analysts, product management and engineering teams to understand disputes handling and system/program needs
· Design and delivery of all performance metrics and framework to track portfolio and disputes systems performance. Work closely with analytics team for data driven enhancements
· Participate actively in the design and contribute improvement ideas and processes to refine the merchandise chargebacks, disputes and resolution process
· Take accountability for the smooth roll out of programs and Provide specialist guidance to internal stakeholders on the disputes management program
· Strong organizational/time management skills and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Strong problem solving and analysis skills, combined with effective judgment and communication skills
· Solid project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines
· MS/MBA degree or equivalent or 6+ years relevant experience in payment industry, financial services, merchant risk management, customer service programs, chargeback programs or 6+ years related experience if without MS/MBA degree.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence a range of senior stakeholders
· Successful track record working within a cross-functional team, and across multiple stakeholders and geographies, to deliver project outcomes
· Shows resilience, drive and commitment with the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and pressured team environment
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organization and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enroll in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.