Senior Network Engineer, Data Center
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Network Engineer, Data Center
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
This role is part of the team that primarily supports the Data Center infrastructure, hardware installation, cabling, support and relationships with the colocation facility provider. The second part of the role is to support configuration of network devices within Data Centers, as needed.
The role has a hands-on piece in coordinating and performing physical Infrastructure installations for projects and business-as-usual installations. Co-ordination effort includes vendor support. The role also has a logical support function in design review and supporting network configuration within Mastercard Data Center for new projects, integrations, and Business-as-usual efforts.
• Have you ever been part of the build of a Data Center environment and infrastructure from base racks including hardware, circuits and cabling installation?
• Are you successful in delivering network connectivity to internal and external customers across the Country, region and globe?
• Are you motivated to deliver infrastructure to support the drive towards a world beyond cash?
• Liaise with regional and global teams on projects and other planned activities within the Mastercard Data Center - production and corporate networks.
• Implement new infrastructure hardware and refreshed hardware while ensuring that the associated records and design documents are updated.
• Research and develop innovative solutions around and within network and data center environments.
• Conduct reviews/audits of the physical installations and cabling against designs and record management reports within Mastercard Data Centers.
• Assist and support the local and global teams to implement approved network configuration updates.
• Support the relationship with Mastercard colocation facility provider.
All About You
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering is desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of Cisco, Arista product portfolio.
• Familiarity with Hardware racking, powering and cabling common Data Center devices including Network, Server, SAN & Security
• Understanding of various cabling standards including copper, fiber etc.
• IT experience in Networking including LAN/WAN, Firewalls, wireless connectivity and Security.
• Knowledge of best practices within Data Center standards.
• Demonstrated ability to work within Data Centers for both infrastructure installations and level-1 troubleshooting efforts, or similar experience
• Desired basic knowledge of Data Center security and facilities standards like ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001
• Self-starter and demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities