Software Development Manager (Platform and Backend Services)
At Zeller, we’re reimagining business banking. We’re champions for small to medium sized businesses, challenging the status quo, and eventually, the big banks.
Why is it exciting to work at Zeller?
We’re big believers that ‘talent attracts talent’. Our goals are ambitious and exciting, and we need an incredibly skilled team to achieve them. Our team comes from all walks of life, and though we’ve been apart for such a long time, our culture has remained strong.
We have the vibrant, innovative ‘feel’ of a start-up, whilst having the pretty cool moniker of being ‘Australia’s most valuable pre-launch start up’. Ever.
When it comes to your position, you’ll be working alongside incredible talent to come up with solutions for unique and often original ideas. The team are champions for each other, and one of our strongest attributes is our team-first mentality.
There are some incredible things on the horizon at Zeller - we can't wait for you to join us.
As a Software Development Manager (Platform and Backend Services), you will demonstrate strong accountability and be responsible for the platform and various backend services. You will provide direction, technical knowledge on applying technologies & applications to support the business.
You will combine software engineering, systems engineering, cloud engineering and domain knowledge to develop, enhance and maintain backend platforms and services in the financial domain.
Based in our sensational Sydney office (and from home, whenever you like) you will lead an international team of Software Engineers. You will also be working collaboratively with different technical leads, DevOps and teams to ensure timely quality project rollout, and upkeep the stability of the production environment.
As the successful candidate, you do what is needed to support your own team, and at important times support other technical leads on project timelines, business continuity ultimately aligning to the success of the company. You’ll be analytical, technical, pragmatic, collaborative and disciplined in your approach. You will be technically skilled and knowledgeable in a wide range of fields: programming, CICD, change control, databases. In combination with domain and project knowledge.
Role And Responsibilities
- Lead a global team of Software Engineers and QA;
- Develop new backend services based on company roadmap;
- Enhance existing platform and backend services;
- Maintain existing platform and backend services;
- Solution Architect for the platform and cross cutting concerns;
- Be collaborative in the solution approach by gaining buy-ins from different technical leads without sacrificing the drive to see outcome and innovation;
- Lead by example, demonstrate quality and excellence of work execution;
- Care for a team and maintain BCP;
- Be able to contribute individually on both codes, frameworks, troubleshooting and cloud engineering.
Your Systems Knowledge And Attributes
- Software Development Lifecycle;
- AWS Knowledge: Serverless, Cloud Native applications ECS, Fargate, VPC, ALB, PrivateLink;
- Analytical and application troubleshooting;
- Ability to work with codes (e.g. Typescript) and general scripting (e.g. Shell);
- Ability high quality codes from the team;
- Stakeholder management;
- Incident management.
What will you achieved in the first six months?
- You'll manage and enhance an existing suite of production platforms and backend services, always aiming for project and operational excellence.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
Hybrid working arrangements;
Excellent learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team, both virtually and in person;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting ‘scale-ups’.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything your business needs to accept payments, manage your finances, and pay recipients fast.