Technical Product Owner - Payments Technology
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Role
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service..
The Payment Services Utility team is part of the ES operating model that manages the end to end technology and operations for payments within the CBA group. This includes all real time, Domestic, International and Merchant payment services.
Do work that matters:
As a Technical Product Owner with Commonwealth Bank you will manage the strategic delivery of small/medium/large, complex, focussed technology programs across a specific product segment. This role will heavily support an uplift in our ability to deliver retail payments technology programs and ensure that our customers across Australia have a market leading payments experience. Our payments processes and technologies are safe, sound, secure and support a variety of customers and communities, with radically different demands.
This role sits as part of our Retail Commerce payments team. This team is comprised of approximately 90 dedicated payment professionals located in Sydney and Bangalore. The team is responsible for a number of platforms within CBA supporting various business groups dependent on our switching & merchants space. Our core activities are made up of change, compliance, and system ownership.
We work closely with product , service delivery and operations teams to ensure a leading and stable payments environments.
- Owns the product backlog through pipeline to delivery from an ES perspective
- Works with the business Product Owner to prioritise the product backlog items
- Owns the sprint backlog on behalf of the business stakeholders and works with the Solution Delivery Managers, Project Managers and Scrum teams to plan for sprints
- Prepares and syndication of Business Cases for Small Work Requests
- Validates and accepts project requirements through inception and execution phases, from feature level to epics and user stories – confirming their readiness for execution an further elaboration
- Works with (project) BA and scrum Technical BA(s) to contextualise, decompose and continually refine the requirements (user stories) – to the definition of ‘ready’ for sprint planning.
- Will be responsible for confirming – with input from Tech BA, Dev and Test - the definition of ‘done’ for each story in each sprint in conjunction with the business product owner
- Work on major technology projects in payments processing for Merchants as well as adhoc requests.
What skills you will possess:
- Experience as a business Product Owner who wants to move into a Technology Product Owner role or Business Analysts who want to grow into a Technical Product owner role
- Experience managing senior stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Experience working on both Agile and Waterfall programs.
- Experience working in technology enabled programs and projects is highly regarded
Your Development and Career Progression:
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Can lives here