Risk and Compliance Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The bit about us:
As a global fintech company, Openpay are defining the next generation of payments. We believe people and businesses should have freedom and flexibility in how they pay with no hidden catches.
Openpay (ASX: OPY) is an omni-channel payment solution that provides customers with flexible, interest-free payment plans, in-store, online and through the Openpay App. Available in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK with our launch into the US. Currently underway!
In doing so we’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us in our mission. As an established Australian business, we’re continuing to supercharge our growth by turning the world Amber. That’s right, “Aussie Amber” (our Marketing Team nailed that one!) This Amberfication is led by in-store, mobile app and on-line payments.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Risk and Compliance, this role will support the development and implementation of key risk and compliance policies, associated processes and controls within the organisation.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Enhancing and embedding Openpay's global Risk Management Framework, associated policies and controls
- Designing and rolling out the firm's enterprise risk & compliance management training
- Undertaking periodic risk and compliance reviews, compliance impact assessments on new business initiatives, projects, products and/or Business-As-Usual activities and advising the business on appropriate control measures
- Engaging all areas of the business to perform risk assessments and targeted deep dive reviews
- Building out the risk management reporting framework (from business unit to Board level) and preparing reporting materials for different stakeholders
- Leading and facilitating the collation of the Risk Appetite Metrics dashboard (including ongoing refinement)
- Leading/assisting with the investigation of incident and breaches
- Designing and implementing an appropriate control testing framework
- Planning and leading operational risk initiatives across all areas of the business
- Constructively challenging the business on their risk management measures and influencing business priorities and outcomes
- Proactively managing risk and being a trusted risk management advisor across the business
- Driving ongoing improvements and implementing solutions to manage risk whilst balancing with a commercial approach
- Supporting the Head of Enterprise Risk and Compliance to perform broader risk and compliance assessments and targeted deep dives
The Team you’ll be joining
We believe every new team member has an opportunity to add to our culture – we’re a vibrant team of Podcasters, Ultra-Marathoners, Weightlifters, Chess Players, Students and more, so we’re looking for people who want to be part of a diverse and ever changing team.
As we grow, we change, so you’ll be flexible, willing to evolve as our systems and processes do. Always tenacious, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities and will be quick to bounce back if you encounter a setback. Most importantly, you’ll be kind - our team appreciate and support each other (particularly this year) so you’ll want to be part of that team spirit.
What you’ll need to have:
- A strong background in risk management and compliance management (~10 years)
- Relevant risk management qualifications
- A proven track record in driving and delivering risk related change and effective outcomes
- Experience in a financial institution, regulator, Big 4 or other major consultancy
- Strong academic background, with a post degree qualification
- Strong ability to influence, lead and motivate others
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Short-listed candidates will be advised by telephone. Please note, due to the requirements of this role, candidates must have full working rights in Australia.
Openpay is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Buy now. Pay smarter.