Senior Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Purpose of Role: To research and secure new B2B relationships in the larger SME and Corporate sectors
What You’ll Do
- Build a strong pipeline of new prospective business clients from across the Australian market, with particular focus on NSW.
- Utilise a variety of lead sourcing techniques to build the pipeline including existing clients, internet research, company database(s), company marketing initiatives, cold calling, Linkedin and independent networking
- Identify client requirements and plan approaches and pitches, to provide tailored FX payment solutions to C-Suite/Board Level via face-to-face and remote meetings
- Source new corporate customers to expand WorldFirst’s market share and increase our corporate client base
- Exceed minimum targets and KPIs for new dealing corporate accounts, client turnover and other activity-based KPIs as set by management
- Maintain client databaserecords using WorldFirst systems
- Recommend strategies and initiatives to assist the business meet growth objectives
- Work autonomously to achieve personal targets yet work collaboratively with all staff asrequired, building strong and cooperative internal relationships with all internal stakeholders
- Comprehend and adhere to compliance obligations, company risk management, AML and all company policies.
Who You Are
- Have a strategic mind, the ability to think laterally and the ability engage with key stakeholders.
- Have knowledge of the international Australian corporate sector and ability to apply that when selling our corporate solutions.
- Experience of working in the Melbourne Financial Services market
- Proven track record in direct sales – at least 10 years’ experience.
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Finance or Marketing or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience
- Have experience in winning deals with long sales cycles and ongoing negotiations.
- Experience in delivering tailored presentations face-to-face and via online platforms.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills through building mutually beneficial relationships both internally and externally and the ability to engage openly with people at all levels.
- Commercially focused and makes the most of resources available to the to generate results
- Seeks to develop knowledge and capabilities that will enhance team capability and their adaptability within it
- Shares knowledge, experiences, concerns and ideas with colleagues in order to enhance the customer experience and contribute to World First’s success
- Effectively understand foreign exchange risks within SME’s and corporates throughout Australia, formulating strategies for currency purchases
- Understanding of macro-economic indicators which have a direct impact on currency movements
- Experience of working autonomously and remotely a distinct advantage.
- Decision making, organisational and time-management skills – with attention to detail
- A high degree of self-motivation, with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
What We Offer
From day one you'll find yourself part of our friendly, innovative and internationally collaborative team. We offer opportunities to grow – whether that means joining one of our international offices or broadening your skill set through training from our dedicated Talent Development team.
WorldFirst is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
WorldFirst welcomes conversations around flexible working arrangements.
WorldFirst is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.
Also please check out our website to find out more about what we do here at WorldFirst: https://www.worldfirst.com/au
Who We Are
WorldFirst is an innovative global payment platform, helping businesses and people prosper by making the movement of money around the world faster, easier, safer and cheaper. Dedicated to driving pioneering technology, our growth is driven by our product development and international expansion, enabling us to power the next generation of global businesses.
Since our inception in 2004, we have been setting a new standard for the foreign exchange market and have transferred more than $70bn to date. Our diverse team of 650 specialist individuals span across 8 global offices, helping over 250,000 customers worldwide receive outstanding product offerings alongside dedicated award-winning customer service
Our mission to build the world’s best financial services platform for international commerce accelerated upon joining the Ant Group. Ant supports over 1.2 billion customers and is dedicated to using technological infrastructure to provide inclusive financial services to individuals as well as small and micro businesses. Together, we believe financial services should be simple and we share Ant’s vision of "bringing the world equal opportunities”. Becoming an Ant company allows us to leverage one of the largest global commerce ecosystems with a platform for long-term growth across our key markets.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The smart way to collect, convert and make payments globally