Solutions Designer - Card Payments
At Zeller, we’re reimagining business banking. We’re champions for small to medium sized businesses, challenging the status quo, and eventually, the big banks.
Why is it exciting to work at Zeller?
We’re big believers that ‘talent attracts talent’. Our goals are ambitious and exciting, and we need an incredibly skilled team to achieve them. Our team comes from all walks of life, and though we’ve been apart for such a long time, our culture has remained strong.
Founded in 2020, we have the vibrant, innovative ‘feel’ of a start-up, whilst having the pretty cool moniker of being ‘Australia’s most valuable pre-launch start up’. Ever.
When you join Zeller, you’ll be working alongside incredible talent to come up with solutions for unique and often original ideas. The team are champions for each other, and one of our strongest attributes is our team-first mentality.
There are some incredible things on the horizon at Zeller - we can't wait for you to join us.
Zeller is an Australian-born fintech creating new banking and payment products to power the more than 10,000 businesses that joined us in our first six months after launch.
As a Solutions Designer in the Card Payments area you will be the one of the driving forces behind the definition and design of these products. You will be the resident payment expert involved in design and implementation of the next generation payment solutions spanning across both issuing and acquiring business. Ensuring their compliance to relevant requirements and standards, and that they be auditable for initial and continued accreditation.
You will be surrounded by and work closely with talented and growth-minded engineers working to build these new solutions and customer experiences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing a wide range of documentation provided by card schemes, acquirers and payment institutions, and interpret those requirements in products developed;
- Producing detailed designs for solutions, which incorporate the analysis of potential solutions, that can be utilised by engineers as the products are developed;
- Assisting in the management of end-to-end certifications with international and local card schemes (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, EFTPOS, etc.);
- Liaising with acquirers, vendors and other stakeholders involved in the certification process;
- Supporting internal risk and compliance in helping the business keep up with compliance status including PCI-DSS, PCI-PIN certifications;
- Driving investigations to identify the reasons for failed test cases during certifications and also occasional interoperability issues in production environment and come up with solutions to solve such issues
What we are looking for:
- Product Management, Technical and/or Quality Assurance experience in financial services;
- Previous experience with international payment scheme card Issuance and/or acquiring businesses;
- Deep understanding of card payment transaction flow and processes;
- Working knowledge of ISO8583, AS2805, EMV standards;
- Experience working in the field of EMV/ NFC/ Tokenization technologies;
- Strong technical/Computer Science background;
- Willingness to engage global technology partners and effectively drive consensus, across time zones;
- Successful track record of working within a cross-functional team, and across multiple stakeholders and geolocations
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
Hybrid working arrangements;
Excellent learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team, both virtually and in person;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting ‘scale-ups’.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything your business needs to accept payments, manage your finances, and pay recipients fast.