Core Infrastructure Engineer - DevOps - Disaster Recovery
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
This role is fully remote
The DevOps Engineer is critical to the Kraken platform and infrastructure. You are smart, highly skilled, and self-motivated, with a penchant for out-of-the-box thinking. You are a developer who is interested in deployment and network operations, or you're already somewhere on the journey to being a fully fledged DevOps practitioner.
You'll be joining the production engineering team to provide software engineering and cloud infrastructure support and advice across the public-facing businesses, as well as becoming part of the wider DevSecOps team, and the global (and world-class) Security, IT and DevOps team.
You'll become a member of a 50+ FTE Infrastructure team, and will be expected to contribute and learn across the full cloud engineering stack. You will be (or will become) a "T-shaped" individual with enormous potential to further your career in the burgeoning DevSecOps domain, with the guidance of industry leaders in Security and DevOps, and alongside a mature team of true polyglots and talented microservices developers.
At Kraken, our culture and our people are at the core of our strategy, and the future growth and health of our company rests on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent in the industry.
- Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure;
- Write good quality policies, procedures and technical documentation;
- Nurture security awareness in the organization, produce material to support this, and relate this to the current threat landscape;
- Be familiar with risks introduced to organization by third parties, and processes to mitigate these;
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security;
- Have a "finger on the pulse" of current challenges and exploits in the ecosystem;
- Be an active participant in a truly world class global security organization.
- Code (or script) in at least one modern application development or utility language;
- Use Source Code Management and Document Management Systems to organize business function tasks and publish relevant material;
- Be a competent Linux user;
- Know how to build, run and deploy secure Docker containers;
- Be aware of how containers and microservices are configured, and can be secured and orchestrated, in particular using Kubernetes;
- Use open source tooling to programmatically test and verify the safety and integrity of bespoke software;
- Analyze data sets and produce reports using basic tools (e.g. SQL, POSIX stream processing tools, spreadsheets, ODBC, Python);
- Understand principles around secure Identity Management and Authentication;
- Understand the implementation of secure messaging systems in the context of privacy awareness, including GPG and encrypted instant messaging;
- Have a good basic comprehension of computer networks, the Internet, and supporting systems such as web servers and proxies;
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #APAC
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell, and trade digital currency