Judo Bank is on the lookout for an Enterprise Architect to join a high performing and innovative Technology team.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. We’re here to support Australian SMEs with a business built on trusted relationships, both with our customers and our fellow team members.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
As part of an evolution in our technology team as Judo moves from start-up, to sale-up, we have created a new role of Enterprise Architect, reporting directly to the CTO. This role would be suitable for someone currently in an Architecture, Head of Engineering or even Start-Up CTO role, wanting to join a scale-up business as it sets it’s future strategy.
If you love:
- Developing architectural blueprints, roadmaps and standards across all elements of the bank
- Working directly with platform delivery leads who have full delivery ownership of their platforms to ensure we are all headed in the same direction
- Mentoring other technologists on what good architecture is, and can be
- Participate in the selection of our next generation technology platforms
- Helping people realise the promise of technology in a relationship focused business
- Brining a passion for technology to a business
- Solving complex problems with innovative approaches
- And being part of a great team, and fantastic can do culture
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Reporting to the CTO, you will focus on building our technology roadmap, providing new and innovative solutions to the Judo Business.
- Review our existing technology fit, and identify areas for review and uplift
- Lead elements of the initial discovery and evaluation of solutions on our roadmap to enable projects to commence with an increased level of confidence of suitability.
- Working with specialist vendors to identify and select the right platforms for our future needs, and ensure that we are designing ourselves to maximise the value from our current platforms.
- Develop, maintain and foster effective relationships across the organisation, help build confidence in the technology capability of Judo, and be able to provide advice on technical direction for specialised business managed IT solutions.
- Work with our major partners to ensure that we are aware of current (and coming) innovation and how that can be used within Judo
- Support our Value Management Office in the prioritisation of strategic initiatives
- Leading our architecture governance forums, ensuring that our solutions fit within our architectural framework and philosophy.
- Work with our heads of Solution Design and Engineering to set standard patterns for the organisation
- Work with the CTO to define that architectural philosophy of Judo – now and into the future as we scale up.
- Lead our Architecture Chapter, ensuring we apply good disciplines across the team
- Mentor members of the broader delivery community who have a desire to develop their architectural capabilities
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Experience working as an Architect, Head of Engineering or CTO in a scale-up Fintech, Bank or Consultant to Financial services organisation
- In that role, you've designed and implemented architectures with a pragmatic approach to meeting both today and tomorrows requirements
- Deep understanding of banking, having spent at least part of your career within a bank or as a service provider to banks.
- Experiences in synthesizing general, and unstructured business requirements, into solvable technology problems
- Experience, and comfort, working with senior leaders (from C* on down)
- You are highly collaborative team player – Judo is not an organisation for Architects who live in Ivory Tower
- Great understanding of new and emerging technology trends in financial services, and a passion to stay across evolving industry capabilities
- Competent working in an omni channel environment where in-person, physical and digital experiences need to blend in a meaningful way.
Your life pre-Judo:
- Masters degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years in technology around financial services, with 5+ in a strategic or enterprise architecture, CTO or Head of Engineering role
- You have worked in an agile environment with multidisciplinary teams, and have a solid understanding of how to “architect for build and run”.
- You’ll need Australian working rights.
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. Judo encourages all manner of diversity (including nationalities, skills, capabilities etc.), as it is a crucial aspect of our culture. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business