Software Engineer - Full Stack / Front End
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About the Role
We place a lot of emphasis on getting the best from our engineers. We won’t waste your time with long meetings and we don’t believe in letting your job title define what you can or cannot do. You build it, you own it. If you like the sound of continuous learning, a social and fun culture, great work-life balance, complex challenges and a cool office in the heart of the CBD – then we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Contribute through the whole delivery life cycle, from inception to production, through to planning, development and testing, contributing at every stage
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code and lots of it
- Consuming APIs to new channels
- Live a real agile experience and being in control of your fate: contributing to the continuous improvement of the team
- Translate your technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands our vision.
- Experiment with technologies! We're always open to different ways of solving problems.
What you'll need
- Solid experience across the board with a strong depth of back-end knowledge JVM languages
- Experience with building services and APIs
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with infrastructure as code and continuous delivery
- Understanding of good architecture, basing decisions on value rather than practice
- A collaborative approach to working together with other engineers, product managers and UX designers
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking