Product Manager - Payments
Nium: A global leader in modern money movement
At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity in global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for pay-outs, pay-ins, card issuance, crypto-as-a-service, and banking-as-a-service.
Once connected to our platform, businesses can pay out in more than 100 currencies to over 190 countries - 85 of which in real time. Funds can be received in 27 markets, including Southeast Asia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, India, and the US. Our growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries, including Europe (SEPA), the UK, Australia and Singapore. And our license portfolio covers 11 of the world’s jurisdictions, enabling seamless global payments and rapid integration, regardless of geography.
And now we’re building a world-class team to help us bring our mission of powering a future of frictionless commerce to life. If you’re a risk taker, a maverick who embraces our values of simply, better, together. If you see the world as it should be, not what it is. If you’re a problem solver and a builder, then be a part of our element of success, and come join us today.
About the role:
Managing the payments product needs a product manager to solve problems along 3 separate & intertwined areas –
- -Growth – Customer Discovery
- -Network – Growing and optimising coverage in terms of geography, currencies, payment methods, payment types, customer segment specific needs
- -Technology – creating & optimising technology platforms to deliver standard payments experience across customer segments in multiple geographies
- Discover, prioritise & solve for opportunities to increase revenue & adoption from the product through market & customer research
- Liaise regularly & communicate to leadership team, sales & account management teams to gather market feedback and share regular updates
- Be on top of market trends across different markets & payment types e.g. wallets, accounts, cash, cards
- Bring insights into payments experiences & flows that the company should build for different customer segments & use cases
- Own the payout/payin as a product to deliver experience, coverage, speed & efficiency goals
- Create a roadmap based on inputs about new markets, new customer segments, new use cases and scalability problems
- Work with Partnership development teams to translate the roadmap into a pipeline of bank & payment partners
- Work with global banks & payment partners to finalise contours of the partnerships
- Create technical & functional requirements & get these implemented through an Agile tech team as well non technical stakeholders
- Develop a technology & data driven approach to measuring & delivering efficiency goals across STP rates, error handling & returns
We are looking at a product leader who would be able to own the Payments Network, either Payouts or Payins , the major revenue contributors amongst all products in Nium’s suite but with equally immense growth potential.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
Working in a fast growing start-up and managing the core product – payments network needs a bit of mix of these skills –
- -Strategic thinking – This role would require the person to build the payments network strategy in alignment with the company’s financial infrastructure strategy, target customer segments & revenue goals
- -Have mad people skills - This would be a global role and would require the person to work across geographies, time zones, cultures and competencies as well as internal teams who might not be very familiar with global payments & its intricacies
- -Be willing to get your hands dirty – from writing Jira stories, drawing swim lane diagrams to running sprint meetings, you will do it all
- -While being articulate – you would be required to articulate & justify your vision & strategy behind you roadmap to domain experts & leaders again & again in a crowded & evolving payment stage
- -Deep knowledge of payments – with the range of payment types, clearing & settlements, currencies, regulations, automation challenges that you will deal with it, knowledge & understanding is what will be key to success
- -Comfort with technology – dealing with engineers & architects to design new flows, adapt systems to new market innovations while maintaining integrity & scalability of the platform is vital
- -More than 8 years experience in payments product management
- -Worked with a global payments company
- -Developed global payment products across banking, cards & alternate payment methods
- -Worked with banking & payments partners
- -An engineering degree (a management degree is a bonus)
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The World’s Payment Infrastructure in One API