Principal Business Consultant- Payment
Temenos powers a world of banking that creates opportunities for billions of people and businesses everywhere. We do this through the pioneering spirit of 7500+ Temenosians who are passionate about making banking better, together.
Temenos enables growth for two-thirds of the world’s top 1,000 banks and 70+ challenger banks in 150+ countries. We collaborate with clients to build new banking services and state-of-the-art customer experiences on our open banking platform, helping them operate more sustainably.
At Temenos, we have an open-minded and inclusive culture, where everyone has the power to create their own destiny and make a positive contribution to the world of banking and society.
The Principal Business Consultant-Payment is responsible for providing high level support and expertise in one or more implementation areas of the product throughout the stages of TEMENOS products implementation projects. The Senior Business Consultant focuses especially on more complex issues, and provides guidance and coaching to less experienced Consultants.
The Principal Business Consultant-Payment is capable of working with clients or partners in leading the implementation of a specific product as part of the overall project delivery. Able to handle day to day challenges and owning the resolution of issues as they arise. The Principal Business Consultant-Payment will have a detailed level knowledge on a minimum of one particular product area, whilst also displaying similar awareness of industry and market trends/behaviors. A strong information sharing contribution to their aligned Centre of Excellence and input on Product and Process Improvement is also expected.
- OPPORTUNITIESYou will be Subject Matter Expert in Payments Domain and should be conversant with the client on the Payments cycle on an end to end basis
- You will focus on more complex functional problems, generally without day-to-day supervision or direction. Provide guidance and advice to less experienced consultants in case of complex functional issues during the implementation and client relationships development. Has strong proficiency in the tools, systems, procedures that are used to accomplish the job
- You will demonstrate strong Stakeholder Management Skills with all contacts
- You will successfully implement respective Product specialism
- You will take a lead role in ensuring the contribution of others adds value
- You will coordinate with the TEMENOS maintenance groups to ensure that the product problems identified are understood and resolved
- The Senior Business Consultant is expected to specialize in Internal, Domestic and International payments processes. Specific knowledge of the following:
- -SEPA / SEPA faster payments/SEPA DD
- -Domestic Clearing
- -CAMT / MT messages
- -ISO 20022
- You will analyze client business requirements and relate them to TEMENOS products capability
- You will identify and validate any gaps together with proposals for their resolution (e.g. workarounds or changes in processes) and ensure any solutions proposed are realistic and within the agreed scope of the project
- You will define and validate customization needs for TEMENOS products as per agreed business definitions
- You will be responsible of writing of specifications, if and when needed, for local development and ensure Technical Consultants have a clear understanding of these specifications
- You will prepare and perform the configuration of TEMENOS products through the definition of static and semi-static data for the installation of the core system
- You will prepare and perform the functional testing to support User Acceptance Testing
- You will review client organization, processes and workflows and propose of a ‘post-picture’ to maximize the benefit from TEMENOS’ products
- You will make recommendations on best banking practices to the Project Manager and alert him on practices that might damage the client’s business or contradict legal requirements, before recognition as a problem by the client
- You will conduct parts or all of the User training in a subject, which includes design, customization and update of Training Materials and Handouts
- You will perform such other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability, as may from time to time be required.
- You should have minimum Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- You should have professional with a minimum of five years of experience in Finance, banking software consultancy or solutions vendor
- You should have experience in a payment solution with other banking solution providers, an operational role in a bank or in a consulting environment
- You should have experience in a front-end client facing role is a must
- You should have Banking Knowledge (expected to specialize in some, but have an awareness of all): Banking processes and operational models; Knowledge on Payments processing is mandatory; Knowledge specifically of the main APAC Payment & Clearing networks; Knowledge of end to end processing of Payments from various
- Channels all the way to payment networks; Understanding of Temenos Core infrastructure to support TPH
- Temenos portfolio with expert knowledge in one specific product. Strong awareness of Industry and market developments, good overall company knowledge.
- You should fully understand and be able to deploy the TEMENOS Implementation Methodology
- You should have knowledge in any of the following systems: T24, Fundtech GPP, Dovetail, Clear2Pay or any other software in the Payment hub
- You should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You should have consultative and solution approach
- You should be able able to work independently or in a team
- You should have positive and proactive attitude
- You should have Business Domain Knowledge about Payments
- Willing to travel on a frequent basis
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Banking Software Company