Senior Business Development Manager, New Verticals
At Afterpay, our mission is to power an economy in which everyone can win. We empower customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. We do this by connecting more than 122,000 retailers across the globe with over 19 million active customers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing. And as a part of Block, Inc., (NYSE: SQ), we’re united by our shared purpose of economic empowerment. Ready to shape an economy in which everyone wins?
As Afterpay’s new Senior Business Development Manager, you'll be joining a high calibre team focused on new Mid-Market and Enterprise merchant acquisition across new vertical categories such as but not limited to Telecommunications, Utilities, Hospitality and Insurance.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Lead the development and implementation of new retail and new vertical category merchants
- Work closely with the Director, New Verticals to identify and document new opportunity and target lists
- Manage end-to-end sales cycle opportunities from lead generation through to closing the deal
- Manage a holistic pipeline with a laser focus and attention to detail
- Drive internal and external stakeholder relationships to achieve agreed business outcomes
- Help shape the future of Afterpay by constantly raising the bar and doing the right thing
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have a strong existing network in Retail and across ASX listed companies at an executive level
- Your strong understanding of eCommerce concepts and the holistic retail and partner ecosystem will be well regarded
- You have a strong track record in eCommerce and/or merchant acquiring sales and experience selling across multiple territories with complex structures
- Your understanding of holistic online and instore payment concepts, pricing and functionality and recurring billing will be tested
- You have strong emotional intelligence and a passionate and professional demeanour
- You have a data-focused view with naturally strong attention to detail
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.