Software Engineer (Java Dev Tech Lead + Cloud)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
At FIS, our technology and our people are moving forward. We advance the way the world pays, banks and invests. We believe in building inclusive, diverse teams. Together, we innovate to help our colleagues, clients and communities succeed. If you’re ready to grow your career and make an impact in fintech, we have one question: Are you FIS?
About the team
In today’s highly competitive financial market, businesses must not only deliver superior returns, but also respond to more stringent reporting requirements and increasing demands for information – both from within and outside their organisation. Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organisations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow. The Technology Next (TechNext) group is creating modernised, cloud-capable platforms in the cards and payments arenas.
What you will be doing
This position would be part of a cloud-based development group working on a modern next-generation cards platform. As a Java Lead Developer you will be providing a team lead role in a small development unit within this group, championing modern programming principles, test-driven development (TDD) and providing guidance to other members of the team.
- Provide a lead role in a small development unit, focusing on specific modules in the project.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Coordinate with architecture and product groups, estimating task size and breakdown of work.
- Analysis and translation of business requirements into product designs and user stories.
- Coding, code review, debugging, analysis, (technical) testing and feature enhancements.
- Writing technical specifications and other forms of documentation as needed.
- Suggesting technical alternatives and improve/streamline processes and systems.
- Contribute in team meetings to provide suggestions or raise concerns where necessary.
- Participate in technology discussions to perform PoCs and help in application scaling.
- Providing application software development services following the Agile SDLC.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- Must have at least 3 years of Java Lead Developer experience
- 5+ Years of hands-on experience with knowledge on:
- Spring Boot
- Java-based Micro-services
- Source code management, preferably Git / BitBucket
- Release train and deployment flows; e.g. Jenkins
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- SOLID programming principles
- Rest Services
- Cloud technologies, Azure preferred.
- Linux Containerization; Docker, Kubernetes/Red Hat Open Shift.
- GOF design patterns.
- Database Queries (Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to discuss technical solutions and adapt depending on the discussion focus.
- Concise status updates at a business level.
- Ability to call out progress blockers and assess impact to the solution.
- Work with and support team members, engage cross-team globally for solutioning.
- Ability to delegate tasks based on skill and expertise of team members.
- Attention to detail – high quality documentation, close analysis of business requirements.
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
A Bonus if you have
- Java performance analysis experience.
- Agile – SCRUM, SAFE methodology preferred.
- Good knowledge of Behaviour Driven development with an emphasis on UI testing.
What we offer you
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It is the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests