Business Development Representative (BDR)
We’re reimagining business banking. Small to medium sized businesses are the backbone of the Australian economy, and we’re here to champion them by building the next generation of financial services.
Zeller is challenging the status quo — and, eventually, the big banks.
Why is it exciting to work at Zeller?
Do you seek out challenges, and thrive on coming up with creative solutions for unique (and often original) ideas? We want you on our team. Zeller is building an entire financial services and payments ecosystem from the ground up. We’re already making waves in the Fintech industry, yet we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2020, we’ve held onto the vibrant, innovative feel of a start-up whilst growing at rapid pace. With the backing of some of the world's leading investors, we’ve also earned the pretty cool moniker of being ‘Australia’s most valuable pre-launch start up’. Ever.
Our goals are ambitious and exciting, and we need an incredibly skilled team to achieve them. When you join Zeller, you’ll quickly learn the team are champions for each other, and one of our strongest attributes is our team-first mentality.
There are some incredible things on the horizon at Zeller - we can't wait for you to join us.
We’re searching for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join the Zeller Sales team.
As a BDR, you are the first person to speak with a potential Zeller merchant on inbound phone calls, web forms, and outreach to Marketing Qualified Leads. You’ll conduct a full discovery of their business — learning their goals, pain points and priorities, to identify if Zeller is a perfect fit for their needs.
To be successful in this role you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our merchants on the fly. You’ll become an expert in everything from payments to technology, and build a deep understanding of the issues that matter to Australian SMEs. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to your colleagues in the Zeller Sales team. You’ll spend your time proactively prospecting and connecting with businesses who are the right fit for Zeller’s reimagined business banking offering.
This is an excellent springboard into Sales for a motivated and persistent self-starter who isn’t afraid of ambiguity in execution. The ideal candidate will come with a background as a BDR, a Customer Success specialist, or a Product / Onboarding Support Specialist.
On any given day you will:
- Accelerate Zeller’s sales pipeline by qualifying and converting warm inbound leads, marketing qualified leads, and prospecting for new business opportunities (BDR-generated leads);
- Conduct exploratory calls with prospect merchants to effectively qualify sales opportunities before they’re passed to an Account Executive;
- Proactively contact prospective merchants via a high-touch strategy including cold-calling, email and LinkedIn outreach;
- Help to build, adapt and optimise best-practice outreach sequences, lead-generation playbooks, and qualification criteria to exceed individual and team performance targets and deliver an exception merchant experience;
- Schedule meetings and calls between qualified merchants and Zeller Account Executives, ensuring to always deliver a warm handover;
- Research and identify market gaps and opportunities to accelerate Zeller’s growth, then construct comprehensive and detailed lead lists targeting these growth areas;
- Stay up-to-date with SME, technology, payments, competitor and business trends that are relevant to Zeller’s merchants.
Your skills and experience:
- 1 - 2 years of experience in one (or more) of the following roles: Sales Development Representative; Business Development Representative; Customer Success Representative or Product / Onboarding Specialist;
- Hands-on experience with multiple prospecting techniques (including cold calls and outreach);
- Track record of achieving sales-performance or activity-based goals;
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce);
- Excellent written, verbal, conversational and listening skills;
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, identifying target customers, evaluating buyer interest, recognising decision-making processes and qualifying customers;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative work style.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
Hybrid working arrangements;
Excellent learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team, both virtually and in person;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting ‘scale-ups’.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything your business needs to accept payments, manage your finances, and pay recipients fast.