Backend Engineer - Rust - Core Backend
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Engineer, you help design and implement new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will work on projects through their lifecycle, from their initial requirements, implementation and up to production.
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Port legacy Micro-services to Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience writing network services or asynchronous code in Rust
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Proactive, self-driven mindset
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with other strongly typed languages
- Have experience with distributed systems, SQL, Redis and Kafka
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
- Have open source contributions, including in Rust
- Be familiar with PHP
- BS degree in Computer Science (computer engineering) or a related technical field involving coding or the hard sciences or engineering, or equivalent experience
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-LM1 #APAC
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell, and trade digital currency