Product Manager (In Store Experiences)
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
The Product team sits at the heart of Tyro. We play a critical role in leading the product strategy and delivering against the product roadmap. We are experts in our field, not afraid of a challenge and passionate about delivering value to our customers.
The Senior Product Manager will lead the In Store Payments Team. They will own the in-store payments portfolio, making up over 90% of Tyro’s business. They will inspire and mobilise the team to deliver against strategic initiatives, tactical initiatives, operational initiatives, and everything in between. They are both leader and a subject matter expert.
The Senior Product Manager will represent the in-store payments team. They will build robust relationships with other stakeholders such as Technology and Customer Teams and will ensure clarity and alignment across the organisation. The criticality of their roles excited them, where success of the instore payments team will means success or Tyro.
- Own and Champion the Product Strategy, ensuring the successful delivery of product initiatives (including but not limited to introduction of new solutions and enhancement of existing solutions).
- Navigate and respond to internal and external changes. Prioritise protecting the Product Strategy whilst being able to pivot/make changes based on expertise, data and facts.
- Lead and mobilise a team of Product Managers to deliver against initiatives, utilising experience, knowledge and expertise to maximise delivery whilst respecting the importance of team member’s individual career growth.
- Build robust and trusting relationships with co-leaders (Technology and Customer) and Senior Management. Be able to leverage expertise of others to optimise value creation.
- Successful delivery of Product Strategy
- Formation of a strong and sustainable Product Team
Skills and Experience
- Loves making complex things simple
- Can break down complex problems of all shapes and sizes (eg commercial, people, tech) and transform into actionable deliverables
- Has experienced in Payments and/or Tech solving large scale complex problem statements
- Thrives in both the known and unknown
- Comfortable leveraging breadth of experience, expertise and strong problem solving skills to navigate the unknown/white space situation
- Has experience in wide range of organisations, including smaller/immature organisations with minimal structures, process and tools available
- Resilient with a Growth Mindset
- Has a growth mindset and can bounce back and learn from failures
- Has failed many times in their career, with proven examples of how the failure has transformed to valuable learnings
- Loves Payments
- Has merchant acquiring payments experience and/or have worked in the Payments ecosystem eg POS/software providers/BNPL/schemes/financial institutions
- People Leader
- Leading with empathy
- The development and growth of others is in their “why”
- Has experience leading diverse teams, navigating through ambitious deliverables in a hybrid working model (home and in office)
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking