Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
At FIS, our technology and our people are moving forward. We advance the way the world pays, banks and invests. We believe in building inclusive, diverse teams. Together, we innovate to help our colleagues, clients and communities succeed. If you’re ready to grow your career and make an impact in fintech, we have one question: Are you FIS?
About the role:
Opportunity to work on a variety of Java based applications that expand and support of Australia’s debit payment network
What you will be doing:
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests, and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
What you will have:
You are the kind of person who:
- Has at least 5 years of work experience as a Java developer
- Has passion for coding and a desire to learn and improve
- Enjoys working in a busy collaborative team environment, focused on delivering value
- Is self-driven, curious, well organized and displays initiative
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Loves problem solving
- Attention to details
- Analyze, design and develop software features and enhancements, and take full ownership of the tasks assigned
- Be able to do application support on On-Call roster basis
- Good time management and inter-personal skills
Key technical skills include:
- Understanding of OOPS concepts
- Understanding of SDLC
- Basic Linux skills – shell scripting is a bonus
- SQL – Knowledge of Mongo is a bonus
- Knowledge of JUnit, JMeter is a bonus
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST API
What you will get:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests