Digital Product Designer (Mobile)
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Mobility team for the Lightspeed flagship retail product (Ex-Vend) in Newmarket. Your core purpose will be to research, design and prototype mobile user interface/interaction/experiences to build a product that retailers will love. You'll work closely with Engineering, QA, and Product teams, and have the support of Senior Product Designers to help you succeed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating: responsible for production deliverables to communicate the full design solution to the wider team that serves as documentation for implementation;
- Improving: continuously improve both the small and large details of the design of Lightspeed;
- Growing: spend time with Senior Product Designers to develop professional design and problem-solving skills.
And a little bit of…
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role!
We believe that Product Design is a unique and niche discipline. We believe that we're on the forefront of that discipline and are inventing the ways design and developer teams will be working in the future. So we're focusing on hiring Product Designers that we can mentor and help develop into modern Product Designers who are operating at the cutting-edge and inventing the future of our industry.
What you need to bring:
- A design-thinking education or equivalent (User Experience, Design, Visual Arts, Architecture, Industrial Design, or Communication);
- Experience designing products (research/UX/UI), or working with teams who build with web technologies;
- Experience with or knowledge of a visual design tool like Figma, Bohemian Sketch or Adobe Illustrator;
- Experience with or knowledge of prototyping tools like Invision, FramerJS or HTML, CSS, JS.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
Get a glimpse into a day in the life of one of our Digital Product Designers here!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The one-stop commerce platform for merchants to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.