Head of CX Ecosystem Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Coinbase Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving our mission. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to create an effortless experience. More specifically, the CX Operations team is passionate about providing world class support and client services across our entire suite of products.
As the leader of the CX Ecosystem Operations team, you will be responsible for building out support for products and services that will accelerate growth of the broader “cryptoeconomy”. With a surge in development across decentralized finance (or “DeFi”) applications, the continued growth of utility-based protocols and the introduction of market segments, this function will spur further adoption by serving as the operations team for new and existing customers alike. We’re looking for a hardworking and technology savvy people leader who is energized by the idea of building an open financial system.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Act as a proactive inspiring leader across the wider Customer Experience organization, with a strong bias to action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction.
- Hire, lead and develop a diverse, high performing and globally distributed technical team, setting up the organization for success through investments in career growth.
- Define and deliver on organizational-level OKR’s and service levels, enabling operational excellence across all aspects of the customer journey.
- Build core domain expertise for supporting products within the broader crypto ecosystem by leveraging experience in financial services, technology and/or blockchain capabilities.
- Empower innovation and build clear feedback mechanisms by leveraging a comprehensive understanding of CX workflows, agent tooling and the wider crypto landscape, including product opportunities and regulatory considerations.
- Collaborate closely with internal CX functions within operations, as well as partner teams including customer advocacy, analytics, quality, technology, and learning and development.
- Utilize a laser focused, customer facing team to collect thoughtful feedback by directly gathering “Voice of the Customer” sentiment and feedback.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, capacity planning and financials to make informed data-driven decisions.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base, including a deep passion for products within the broader crypto space.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct management experience, including leadership roles.
- Subject matter expertise in customer support, payments (fiat or crypto), compliance, risk operations and/or client services.
- Track record of scaling global teams across multiple scopes of work and channels.
- Experience working with global outsourcing providers and senior leadership.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 5% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need).
Nice To Haves
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or crypto.
- Deep understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jump start your crypto portfolio