This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Australia Sales team is looking for a Sales Manager to join our growing team in Melbourne. An experienced people manager, you will lead a team of Account Executives to increase revenue against individual, team and overall Sales goals, be a brand ambassador for Square Australia and help find opportunities for Square to help Australian businesses grow.
A people manager with sales experience (specifically new business), you will build a successful Sales team that generates success for our sellers and Square. You’ll use insights and deep Square product knowledge to educate and support sellers, understanding how our ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to larger strategic partnerships, and will report to the Head of Sales, Australia.
- Plan, organise, and lead revenue generating Sales Executives (>10) in Australia
- Develop your team into high performing, resourceful, and seller centric Account Executives, including coaching, hiring and training new team members on sales process
- Develop creative ways to motivate your team to exceed targets
- Ensure your team’s achievement of Australia revenue targets and collaborate with Sales leadership on quarterly goal setting
- Conduct weekly pipeline review and forecast meetings with team members
- Use sales metrics to manage the team and individuals, tracking and sharing results with the Head of Sales Australia
- Support direct reports by participating in client and prospect meetings
- Engage with product teams to be the customer voice, driving SaaS and product sales and collecting insights on product improvement
- Understand complex requirements and help create custom solutions
- Work with Australian and global Square Sales, Marketing, Partnership and Cross Functional teams
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Australian customers to further grow their businesses
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in the local Victorian and national Australian markets
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- Passion for helping businesses of all sizes start, run and grow
- Sales experience (specifically new business) in a metrics-driven, high-growth sales organisation with quarterly goals
- People management experience, with experience hiring and developing team members
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- Experience assessing business opportunities and reading prospective buyers
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position Square in the market
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, and the ability to inspire passion in others
- An interest in implementing feedback, and improving sales processes
- Experience in high transaction volume SaaS application or financial services sales
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.