Senior Front End Developer – Spend & Cards
Wise is one the fastest growing fintechs on Earth and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.And, we’re looking for a seasoned Front End Developer to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best experience possible.
What does it take?
- A passion for technology, product and user experience
- A broad understanding of the concept of MVP (minimum viable product) and conversion rates
- The ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do as you’ll guide them from their first experience on our landing page to completing a transfer and making sure they’re informed every step of the way.
Is that you?
- You’re passionate about product, design and user experience – customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions.
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Experience building Front End reusable UI components.
- You feel comfortable with modern front-end frameworks and tools – React, Webpack and the like.
- You are comfortable working with CSS.
- The desire for creating clean, testable code.
- You have a strong sense of good UX and design.
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
The team you’ll be working with: Spend Expansion
The Spend squad has built one of the most significant debit card products in the world. We have over 3 million cards issued in over 40 countries from Singapore, to Brazil, to Canada. The Spend Expansion team continuously brings our Wise cards to the hands of customers in even more countries. As we expand towards emerging markets, we recognize cards may not be the best medium everywhere. Hence, we take the Spend vision further into emerging, local and alternative payment methods, such as QR code payments. Our goal is to let Wise customers spend like a local, anywhere in the world.
What the first six months in this role will look like:
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- Understanding the Fintech domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully developed new features, from planning to release, and keep monitoring their adoption once live
- Gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take your product further
What you can expect as a Senior Engineer at Wise:
We don’t measure seniority by years of experience, but by your level of impact. As a Senior Software Engineer at Wise, you would be given the license to:
- Consistently seek out and deliver on product level vision, tasks and problems
- Actively assist in scoping and executing most impactful work for the team
- Regularly deliver large features and product improvements that have a meaningful impact on Wise product and customers
- Embrace long-term ownership of projects while training others to reduce the bus factor or becoming a blocker
- Architect and design services/systems using design patterns that allow for iterative delivery and future scaling
- Actively mentor other Engineers in the team on individual basis or in group settings and help them grow through technical guidance, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Communicate and collaborate across functions like product, analytics and design as required
- Lead or significantly contribute to medium to large (8-16 engineering weeks) sized projects
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Formerly TransferWise. Still building the world's most international account