Senior Java Developer
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world’s economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you’re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
What you will be doing
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests, and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
What you bring
- Must be eligible to work in Melbourne, Australia.
- Must have at least 5 years of work experience as a Java Developer or similar skill set.
- Understanding of OOPS concepts and SDLC
- Basic Linux skills – shell scripting is a bonus
- Knowledge of Junit (JMeter is a bonus), SOAP, and REST API
- Has passion for coding and a desire to learn and improve
- Enjoys working in a busy collaborative team environment, focused on delivering value
- Is self-driven, curious, well organized and displays initiative
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer you
At FIS, we are as committed to growing our employees’ careers as our own business. We offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- Inclusive and diverse team atmosphere
- Professional and personal development
- Resources to contribute to your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests