Sr. Data Engineer (Testing)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The role is for a self-motivated individual who is passionate about solving challenging business problems, building and testing data-driven applications. The candidate will be an integral part of the Payment Products development team, and extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, development, and testing. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of test automation framework.
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Build and execute test cases and test scenarios to certify products
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, security, system infrastructure, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
We are seeking team members that are passionate, visionary, and insatiably inquisitive. Successful candidates frequently have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in testing large-scale applications using open source technologies
- Post graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines
- Hands-on experience in Java
- Extensive experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Java, Spark, Hive) for large scale data processing and data transformation
- Experience working in an Agile and Test-Driven Development environment
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools (Tableau, etc.) is highly desired
- Experience with Kafka is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs is highly desired
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Previous exposure to financial services is a plus, but not required
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions