Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne or Sydney; other locations will be considered
Job Category: Banking and Financial Services,Technology
Judo is on the lookout for a forward-thinking and customer focussed Product Manager to help the team manage and develop Judo’s suite of lending products and open banking platform to enable a market-leading customer experience.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
- Manage and develop Judo’s suite of lending and open banking products
- Identify opportunities to drive improvements in Judo’s product & business functions, improve customer experience, grow market share and revenue
- Monitor, analyse and interpret customer, financial and market data to drive enhanced product offerings, features, pricing and/or commercial outcomes
- Produce regular and ad-hoc product reporting for business, risk and regulatory purposes
- Manage internal & external stakeholders to deliver projects & initiatives
- Be self-motivated and can work independently to understand, interpret & deliver against business & customer needs
- Be comfortable working in a regulated environment & working in conjunction with our risk, assurance & legal teams to ensure our products meet customer and community expectations
- Enable customer and business impact through data-led research and strategic design
- Solving complex problems with innovative approaches
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Experience managing banking products (Lending, Transactional, or Deposit products preferred but not essential)
- Experienced in utilising 3rd party data sources (For e.g accounting APIs) to improve banker and customer experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail & ability to communicate requirements or business insights succinctly.
- Strong numeric ability, including the ability to analyse complex data and draw insights
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Ability to think big, but also get into the weeds and do the hard stuff
- Outstanding ability to manage stakeholders
- Knowledge of the financial service landscape and associated regulatory environment
Your life pre-Judo:
- Experience in the banking &/or fintech industry
- Degree qualified & have minimum 3 years of hands-on product management experience
- Australian working rights
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business