Product Manager, Acquiring
Our client’s success is our success. And you make it happen
Payment systems are complex, regulated and everchanging. We are an established market leading brand who are focused on driving client growth. We’re at the forefront of innovation punching above our weight. We’re enabling the future for our clients through tech like NPP and open banking.
We are an unlisted public company and one of five licensed banks in Australia with full direct connectivity and production capability across all domestic payment systems. Whilst the major banks leverage this capability for their consumer and business clients, our B2B model focuses on enabling other banks, fintech’s and corporates to deliver innovative and competitive payment and digital solutions to their clients and customers.
We are looking for a Product Manager for our Acquiring domain who is passionate about payments, to join our Product and Services team.
The role is accountable for planning and managing the delivery of Cuscal’s Acquiring Product roadmap and strategy to support growth and high-quality service.
As a Product Manager in the Acquiring domain, you will define the vision, positioning, and goals of the Product at the same time managing the performance in alignment with the business objective agendas and strategies. This will include but are not limited to the assessment of the market, comprehensive understanding of product competitiveness as well as the delivery of the financial performance of the product through the full management and ownership of the P&L in your area.
Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working closely with Product Owners to ensure the vision for the product is achieved
- Evaluating product costs and monitor pricing, reprice if needed
- Provide recommendations, options, and solutions in line with the product roadmaps for new or enhanced features to new and existing clients
- Continually monitor to maximise sales and maintain product profitability and competitiveness
- Managing the integration of new product development or product change into existing processes
- Developing cross product competency and, where required, provide back up to other Product Managers and Product Owners
- Ensuring product and training materials are up to date and accurate
- Developing and maintaining key internal and external relationships to optimise the performance, growth, awareness, and reputation of the department
- Selecting and managing appropriate suppliers, vendors, consultants, and contractors, including the RFP process
- Managing and reporting product profitability to ensure it meets budget
- Guaranteeing that all products, services, and activities are compliant with all forms of regulation, legislation, policy, or standards as may reasonably be applied to Cuscal
- Developing, preparing, and delivering presentations or communications on products and services to clients and other interested parties to assist in thought leadership and marketing of Cuscal’s products
- Developing and managing a product specification library that will support the sales team to effectively respond to RFPs etc
- Creating and managing sales tool kits to support the Account Management team
- Ensuring clients receive up to date information regarding changes to product etc
This is a paramount role within the organisation, and it requires the ideal candidate to have a genuine passion for payments and demonstrated experience in product management in a multi-client service environment with the financial services industry. (Ideally at least 3 years of product management experience as a guide). Furthermore, you will have a comprehensive expertise in the development and the execution of product management tactics for complex products. With exceptional attention to detail, you will have experience in writing proposals for prospective clients and developing business cases. As a Product Manager, you will be confident in operating within a budget and have a proven track record of managing your own P&L. Likewise, your experience in interpreting financial data and product issuing will be essential and exposure to schemes will be regarded as highly valuable.
You are a natural collaborator and communicator with a demonstrated ability to influence actions and outcomes across a broad range of stakeholders and cross functional groups. You will exhibit strong leadership skills and can engage your team through coaching, mentoring and daily support. With an analytical and critical thinking mindset you will be self-assured in developing and presenting products and services to your clients and other parties to aid in the education process and marketing of the products. With natural curiosity of market trends and competitiveness you will have a growth mindset that underpins all that you do in this role. A tertiary qualification in commercial or business discipline will be highly regarded.
We are in the rapidly evolving world of payments, and we are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We support our colleagues with flexible work arrangements through our hybrid model whilst also offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of payments sector. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Cuscal does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Cuscal employee, location or address.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enabling the future