Financial Risk Manager
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne or Sydney; other locations will be considered
Job Category: Banking and Financial Services,Risk
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- Understanding how banks’ work and discovering the financial risks within their business models and balance sheets
- Taking the initiative to engage with multiple stakeholders to build the tools necessary to analyse, model and challenge Judo’s financial risk profile
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help Judo succeed
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Work with the business to identify and collate internal and external data to support measurement and analytics for interest rate risk, liquidity/ funding risk, capital risk
- Perform regular balance sheet and liquidity risk measurement and modelling to support Risk’s oversight and challenge of Judo’s financial risk profile
- Critically evaluate Judo’s liquid asset portfolio and funding mix to identify risks and vulnerabilities through scenario modelling and stress testing
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Strong understanding of bank balance sheets and financial risks, including some or all of: interest rate risk in the banking book, funding/ liquidity risk, counterparty credit risk
- Knowledge of better practice analysis and modelling techniques for assessing risks in some or all of: liquid asset portfolios, hedging programmes, deposit and wholesale funding, securitisations
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks for IRRBB, liquidity, funding, capital, securitisation
- Proficiency in risk analytics, modelling, Excel, data manipulation
- Relevant risk or similar qualification (e.g. FRM, PRM, CFA)
Your life pre-Judo:
- Experience in a Risk or Treasury team at a bank, consultancy or regulator (or similar)
- 5+ years practical experience preferred
- Australian working rights
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business