Group Product Manager
Group Product Manager
- Join an iconic Australian brand as Group Product Manager
- Permanent role within a truly flexible team
- Lead a team of high-performing Product Managers
At WooliesX, we’re here to create better everyday experiences for our customers. In the big picture, and the fine detail. In moments big and small. We’re an innovation business that brings together the brightest minds in e-commerce, technology, media and data to transform the way people live and shop. The success of our entire business is because of our people. Diversity is our strength, through the potential we unlock together. We’re resourceful and open-minded, welcoming and willing to experiment. We encourage fresh ideas and help each other be better by providing ongoing career opportunities to grow and evolve. It’s how we bring the future to life for our customers and our people, in everyday moments that matter.
About the Role
The Group Product Manager role requires a dual focus. A focus on driving business outcomes and a focus on growing the capabilities of your direct reports.
As a Product leader within the Woolies X, you will own a Product portfolio, building capabilities that can be leveraged across the WooliesX ecosystem. You will be responsible for thought leadership and alignment of the future vision and product portfolio strategies with Tribe and business leads, influencing and generating movement across new processes through change management, reflecting and influencing decisions to ensure teams are set up for long-term success. You will partner with your team of Product Managers to assist them across the complex matrix interfacing across the wider Woolies ecosystem.
As a Product Chapter Lead in the Ecosystem capabilities principle chapter, you will lead a team of passionate empowered Product Managers and be responsible for growing and developing world-class Product Management capability within your Chapter with a focus on shared services across the entire Woolworths group.
- Partner with business leaders to conceive and communicate the Product Vision and create the underlying Product strategies that support the delivery of that Vision
- Lead product managers in working closely with their squads and with squads across WooliesX to discover, design, develop and optimise product capabilities that enable exceptional experiences for our customers
- Stay ahead of the changes in the business and the market, reflect and offer new insights and advice to ensure your teams have the knowledge and information to make critical day-to-day decisions
- Make judgement calls and investment tradeoffs when the team is having difficulties prioritising
- Bring a big picture view to every product strategy - ensuring we are delivering for short-term business needs, but with a long-term view
Along with leading over-arching product strategy and delivery, this role is importantly a coach for their Chapter and an active participant in building the Product Practice. This includes:
- Recruiting, onboarding, coaching and growing the capabilities of direct reports so they are engaged and empowered in their role and have a clear career path at WooliesX
- Being responsible for the well-being of your team, supporting and guiding them across the complex WooliesX ecosystem so that they can deliver long term success
- Driving “Chapter Time” programs specific to people’s personal and professional development
- Supporting the GM of Product and Head of Product in designing and leading a world class Product Management Practice
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong people leader looking to drive change and impact for our customers and business.
- Thought leader and domain expert for their delivery portfolio.
- Removes impediments from delivery of the Chapter function.
- Defines strategic vision and direction for their product suite, partnering with the Tribe lead to ensure the product strategy aligns with their business strategy.
- Evangelist for the Product Practice and Chapter across the business.
- Manages the team within their Chapter, recruiting, onboarding, developing careers and coaching world-class product talent with a focus on improving overall team performance.
- Ensures their team has the right tools and processes in place to do their best work every day, delivering on value to the customer and outcomes for the business.
- Develops Chapter standards and procedures, leads Chapter events.
- Fosters and maintains key relationships with leaders within the Tribe and across WooliesX to ensure we are building capabilities that scale, and providing transparency and alignment around key priorities.
- Supports other Chapter Leads in the execution of their own responsibilities and accountabilities with a focus on cross chapter collaboration.
- Consults on new business initiatives partnering with business and technology leads
- Communicates to senior leadership and broader WooliesX group.
About you (Experience)
- An obsession for customers with a passion to solve problems in ways our customers will love.
- The ability to influence teams to build better products with a constant dedication to understand, question, and improve the experiences for our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to evangelise product & design thinking with stakeholders and product managers through facilitation.
- Conceptualising complex technical solutions into human experiences to demonstrate the context of the cohorts’ that will benefit and the value they will derive.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading Product Management teams, developing careers and building top talent in a large corporate environment.
- Ability to understand, align with and simplify complex technical architectures to provide strategic input into product direction.
- Experienced with products that are software as a service in nature, servicing internal and/or external businesses that enable multiple channels and business needs e.g. web, mobile, chatbot.
- Experienced with or ability to learn to manage a diverse portfolio that covers promotional capabilities, microservices development, chatbots experiences and operational applications.
- Demonstrated experience in direct line management, managing Product Managers with varying experience levels.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple streams of work with a focus on business results, not output.
- Experience in a high-growth software product organisation with a focus on value delivery and continuous innovation at pace.
- Experience working with stakeholders and executives in a large corporate environment.
- Experience working with 3rd party partners and integration with their platforms.
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au. #work180 #LI-Hybrid
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday