Sr. SW Engineer (Devops)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This role is ideal for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate with promoting DevOps model to increase developer productivity through well-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
You will be an integral part of Payment Product Development team focusing on building solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you must have a very deep understanding of infrastructures, development tools and technologies. This is a hands-on technical role but with a high degree of collaboration to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of the Continuous Delivery practices.
You will own Continuous Delivery specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health. Enable developers to ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support.
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development, and implementation of CICD environment monitoring and migration, and act as SME for DevOps related items
- Support, troubleshoot and analyze code on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Developer Efficiency Tools (Focusing on Freeing up Development staff to focus on deliverables)
- Integrating Code Quality tools and Code Analysis tools into IDE’s
- Implementing Automation to improve coding efficiency
- Integrations with each SCM Tools
- CI/CD Onboarding
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
• More than 4 years of hands-on experience in software industry in either development or build and release in Java and/or .NET environment.
• Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework. Experience with Build, Deployment and CI tools such as GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle.
• A working understanding of code and must be proficient with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Groovy.
• Experience with automation/tools configuration management using either Chef, Docker or an equivalent, focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and consistency.
• Familiar of UNIX environment and provisioning of CICD infrastructures
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proactive and self-motivated – willing to improve on existing processes to allow for faster iterations.
• Strong track record of learning new tools and technologies.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where iterative changes may need to go out in rapid succession.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions