Technical Account Manager
Thought Machine’s mission is a bold one – to run the world's most innovative banks with technology built for the modern age. What we are attempting is hard, and means we need great people, working together, to build great technology.
We have undergone rapid growth in the past few years – expanding our team to more than 500 individuals across five offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne. Thought Machine is a series D-funded company, and has raised more than $500m and is now valued at $2.7bn. Investors in Thought Machine include Temasek, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Intesa Sanpaolo, Standard Chartered and more.
At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best work in the industry. We're regularly cited as having a fantastic workplace culture – highlighted by FT-backed Sifted magazine as having one of the highest Glassdoor ratings for a UK fintech – as well as having the most generous employee share package in the industry. We've been named AltFi's B2B Fintech of the Year, placed in the FinTech50, and in the IDC list of top 100 Fintechs.
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will work closely with senior stakeholders to deliver world-class service to specifically aligned clients (typically tier 1 banking institutions). This is a post-sales, service-oriented role.
You need to exercise a balance of stakeholder management and technical acumen to help our customers deliver operational excellence. You will draw from past experience with cloud infrastructure, program management, ITIL and ITSM, and customer advocacy. Your main objective is making sure the client is happy with their product and the service we provide around it.
As a TAM, you will regularly engage with diverse stakeholder groups, including executives of large enterprises and a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team. A successful TAM utilises their relationship management skills and technical credibility to effectively communicate at all levels within the organisation.
TAMs serve as liaisons between the client and the Thought Machine ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and other teams.
- Partner with our clients to understand their pre-sales plans and turn the customers desired outcomes into actionable objectives. You will develop strategic relationships with stakeholders to understand a customer’s business and develop strategic roadmaps.
- Understand Client infrastructure at a high level to help speed up incident and support resolution
- Know the Thought Machine product platforms, our best practices and use cases in order to guide the customer
- Act as the Thought Machine liaison for product questions, issues, or escalations. Work with Thought Machine Support teams (on call engineers, cloud analysts), Product Management (i.e., roadmaps), and other teams as needed
- Use customer objectives and understanding to drive new feature development internally and lead across multiple work streams and teams to maintain customer success.
- Complete analysis and lead weekly, monthly and quarterly operational performance reviews and executive sessions
- Work with customers and Support to guide issues/escalations to resolution.
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus incentive
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Thought Machine has built the next generation of core banking platforms.