Senior Product Engineer - Frontend Web
At Zeller, we believe that businesses of all sizes deserve better financial and payment products and services.
Founded in Melbourne in 2020 and backed by leading VCs, Zeller is a collective of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are aiming to redefine business banking and the way Australian businesses get paid by their customers. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development we are building a high performing team to take on the incumbents.
If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love a challenge, hate bureaucracy and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, we’re putting together a team you might want to join.
About The Role
The Zeller payments team enables more than 20,000 Australian businesses to accept payments from millions of Australian customers each month. As one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, we are searching for product-minded engineers to craft our user-focused, modern payments and banking platform.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in our payments team, you will play a key role in creating new ways for our customers to accept payments, and build the products they use to move and manage their money.
Working within our cross-functional product teams, you should have a drive for technical and product excellence and a desire to lend your skills and leadership to the development of highly visible and mission critical products.
What you’ll be doing
As Part Of This Team, You Will
Zeller’s payments frontend team owns the web platform experience of our merchants and their customers.
- Work with designers and product managers to thoughtfully translate product requirements into technical designs, and build solutions that champion the customer and prioritise extensibility and unbounded scaling.
- Contribute to, uplift, and push the boundaries of our design system, frontend architecture, and build systems.
- Work with the frontend team to continuously define and improve our code standards and the way products are built at Zeller.
- Take ownership of the quality and production operation of the features and products that you build.
What Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
Zeller uses a modern and evolving technical stack, and we don’t expect you to have experience with every tool. That being said, the key elements of our stack today are a Typescript, React powered SPA, a GraphQL and serverless API backend, and extensive tooling built on AWS and managed with Terraform.
To Help Us Level Up, You Will Bring
- Demonstrated leadership in defining and uplifting code standards within a team
- Demonstrated ownership and delivery of complex features and products
- Wide experience with testing methodologies and the ability to prioritise correctness in a financial services environment.
- The ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes and understand how your work helps them accomplish their mission.
- Experience or excitement about the payments industry.
How We Work
Zeller has a global engineering team with our headquarters in Melbourne. This Melbourne based role supports flexible, hybrid working with most of our team working from our CBD office two to four days a week.
What’s in it for you?
Zeller offers a balanced, progressive and supportive work environment - with a competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage. With competitive parental leave and other benefits like a personal learning and development budget on offer, now's the time to join our rapidly growing team with opportunities to develop your career - wherever your passions and skills take you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything your business needs to accept payments, manage your finances, and pay recipients fast.