Senior Technical Engineer, Customer Support
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, the Senior Technical Engineer is the key interface between Finastra clients on one side and Equation Support organization on the other side, contributing to the overall delivery of software and services to ensure a world class customer experience. The holder of the role is a product specialist, with technical competencies, responsible for handling and resolving the raised issues in the shortest time possible. The Senior Technical Engineer also uses their technical expertise to assist functional consultants on a as needed basis. At times, this role may be called upon to do testing on beta deliveries or fixes before they are released to customers or be requested to go on site to handle issues on the client’s premises.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a Senior Technical Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to customer requests, whether they are reported issues, questions or assistance requests, helping them to be able to utilize the product properly as per their needs
- Understand the reported issue (especially from a technical perspective) and be able to replicate the respective scenario in the Finastra environments
- Perform technical investigation with root cause analysis of the issue reported, providing adequate solutions where feasible and/or detailed analysis to the stakeholder teams
- Update clients on the progress towards issue resolution, including tracking issues sent to other departments and ensuring a timely resolution, focusing on the client’s satisfaction and product quality
- Participate in client (phone) meetings, WebEx sessions, in order to ensure proper communication with the customers and/or to speed up the investigation of the issue reported
- Validate defects thoroughly by ensuring that the described scenarios are fixed
- Build and provide simple scripts when necessary
- Write technical specifications and best practices documentation
- Raise/ escalate issues with the Team Leader and/ or Manager where/ when needed
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business IT or related major
- At least 3years experience in Customer Support, Banking or Financial Institution
- Very good knowledge of C/C++, including debugging skills and some experience with debugging tools on different operating systems (Visual Studio, Sun/ Solaris Studio, Eclipse)
- SQL/ Java/ C# / RPGLE / CL
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail, stability, responsibility as well as customer focus
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a customer facing team
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance is open