Team Lead - Fraud Investigations
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Team Lead in our Fraud Investigations squad, you’ll gain broad exposure across all of Zip’s products, owning end to end management of victim fraud claims, including both application fraud and account takeover cases. You will also support the investigation of syndicated matter/fraud rings, including liaising with law enforcement to take action in relation to significant matters.
Aside from your role as a hands-on fraud investigation expert, you’ll also play a key people leadership role, mentoring and coaching other investigators in the team, whilst managing workflow distribution, prioritisation and team process improvement.
This is an awesome opportunity because, essentially, you'll be helping Zip catch the baddies and make the lives of our customers easier, every day.
What You'll Own
- Owning the end to end victim claim management for Application Fraud (ID takeover) and Account Takeover.
- Conduct investigations in relation to linked fraudulent applications/transactions, when referred by the Fraud Operations Team.
- Engaging and cultivating relationships with law enforcement across the various Australian jurisdictions to press for action in relation to significant matters.
- Proactively look for ways to enhance operational processes to drive enhanced customer experience.
- Working with internal stakeholders across the business to ensure that the operational impacts of fraud are effectively managed and any necessary actions are taken. Eg. Product, CX, Engineering.
- People leadership including, mentoring, workforce planning, regular catch ups with Senior Manager and Director to ensure all Fraud targets are being fulfilled.
What You'll Gain
- Full ownership of the end to end fraud investigation lifecycle.
- The opportunity to #changethegame across team process improvement/change initiatives, moving at Zip speed.
- Growth opportunity within a collaborative environment to develop your management skills.
- Opportunity to help us develop our internal fraud investigation process.
What Skills You Need
- An expert understanding of the fraud life cycle, specifically for ID takeover, account takeover and card payments fraud.
- Experience in customer focussed fraud Investigation.
- Understanding of the rules of evidence.
- Advanced stakeholder management skills to support effective interaction with colleagues, key internal stakeholders across the business and external 3rd parties.
- People leadership skills, ability to coach and mentor other investigators.
- A background in law enforcement or criminal law is highly regarded.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.