Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
The Business Development Representative is the front line of the Shopify Plus Sales team. We find the world's fastest-growing eCommerce stores and help them make their shopping experience even better using our best-in-class solution via impactful, value-driven outreach and great conversations. We take them from “What is Shopify Plus” to “How have I gone this long without it!”
This role is a remote position for candidates who are currently based in Singapore.
You'll be working on things like:
- Identifying good fit merchants and crafting compelling messaging via email, phone, WhatsApp to build interest in a conversation- these merchants may or may not have even heard of Shopify
- Learning the ropes of the intricacies of eCommerce in Singapore- who are the major players, and how can we help them
- Creating a positive and valuable first impression to merchants by providing an unrivalled merchant experience
- Maintaining active engagement with new and existing leads through our CRM, Salesforce
- Triage and connect inquiries to the appropriate members of the Shopify Sales Reps by conducting high-level qualifying conversations with prospective merchants
- Contributing to building culture and upholding Shopify values in our growing APAC region
- Liaising with your peers across the world in markets like North America and EMEA to refine processes and consistently evolve the scope of the role
- Working with your lead to up-skill in areas of profession and personal development including special personal projects to assist and impact the Sales Delivery team in APAC.
- Experience and knowledge of the Singapore market
- Outbound Sales experience- this is an outbound-only role
- High-energy and have a positive attitude
- Merchant-focused mentality
- Experience in Sales/Sales Development
- Experience in working with international teams
- Demonstrate excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Be a highly motivated, driven, and self-starting individual who can hit the ground running
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to live in the gray
- Strong process improvement skills to help develop the role as things change with the business
- An understanding of customer needs and meeting those individual needs with proper introductions to our Shopify Sales Reps.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business