Senior Consultant, Visa Product Strategy and Operations – Australia
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The AuNZSP Solutions team is responsible for leading product strategy, portfolio management, development and prioritisation, and delivery of product roadmaps for all core credit issuing, risk and data solutions, Platform and Networks and Business solutions to in the Australian, New Zealand and South Pacific markets. As part of the Product & Solutions team, our aim is to enable our clients to drive growth across their consumer and business portfolio’s and ensure our position as a strategic partner and enabler of superior value propositions. The team is ultimately responsible for Core Revenue, VAS revenue and New Flows revenue (comprised of Business, Government and SME segments). The team has three core accountabilities – Specialised Solution Selling, Product Optimisation and New Product Delivery and Deployment.
What a Sr. Consultant, Visa Product Strategy & Operations does at Visa:
The role will require you to be responsible for supporting the Senior Director in developing AuNZSP Product Strategies, by working across the business to determine our response to threats and opportunities. This will involve working with Product Owners and Product Functions in Region, Sales Account Executive Teams and other cross functional teams at Visa (e.g. Marketing, Finance) to develop complex business level and product strategies (e.g. multiyear plans, new product business cases) and own and deliver on ad hoc strategic projects (e.g. partner models).
The expectations of this role include the following and is not limited to:
1. Drive Strategic Plans and Analysis for Product across AuNZSP
- Support the development of a Point of View for the trends, threats, competitive landscape and evolutionary opportunities across each of our markets. Translate these high-level macro threats into how Visa can participate and generate winning strategies and recommendations, inclusive of product builds, enhancements or ecosystem partnerships.
- Develop and track business case benefits and costs against endorsed strategies for our markets
- Work across the product verticals / portfolios to develop narratives across our capabilities to foster 1-3 year roadmaps, development cycles and priorities in order for us to stay relevant, compete and drive innovation for our clients
- Help the Senior Director to work with key stakeholders across the business to gather insights, understand challenges and devise responses on regulation, competitive pressures and innovation coming from outside in.
- Keep up to date with and form a structure to disseminate trends and regulations that relate to the payment industry and maintain an awareness of competitor positioning.
2. Help to champion Product priorities and requirements for AuNZSP
- Support the Senior Director, to work with Market teams such as AuNZSP Leadership Team, Marketing, Strategy, Government Affairs to proactively respond to and provide expertise across various but not limited to changes in legislation, regulation, competition and other market trends and opportunities as it pertains to Product.
- Create the relevant documentation in order for the Senior Director to advocate for AuNZSP in Hub and Global forums for product development, product resources and priorities and having voice of the market to ensure understanding and alignment.
- When the Senior Director is unable to attend, represent Product in cross functional initiatives across our market and Region, determine the level of involvement, our accountabilities and therefore deliverables.
- Support Product Squads and Segment squads with their business strategies and plans to ensure completeness and consistency.
- From time-to-time work with external consulting firms and agencies if engaged to do a discreet piece engagement for the market product and solutions functions, including writing briefs, managing deliverables and timeframes and accountable for the management of the engagement.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What you will need:
You will have accumulated a variety of experience, be curious about the payments industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in formulating strategies on how to grow our business. As a candidate you should have:
• Experience in payments (ideally 5 or more years)
• Experience in formulating and delivering on business strategies
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and business stakeholders
• A strong customer mindset
• Strong team orientation with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
• Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
• Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
• Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
• Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
• Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions