Software Engineer II - COBOL Mainframe Developer
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team :
Be part of the team that does Systematics implementations all around the world. The team is composed of people doing all types of tasks under full SDLC roles for FIS Systematics clients around the world.
What you will be doing :
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a Systematics implementation project.
- Develops program logic for new application programs or analyzes and modifies logic in existing application programs in Systematics.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, and maintains Systematics applications.
- Maintains, tests, and integrates Systematics application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing Systematics code
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS Systematics systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs for Systematics applications.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation for Systematics.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis, and forecasting activities in Systematics projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other Systematics technical professionals.
What you bring :
- 7 years and up experience in Systematics Application (Loans, Deposits, Customer)
- 7 years and up experience in Cobol Mainframe, IMS, DB2, CICS
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
What we offer you :
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Great work environment with dedicated and motivated colleagues.
- A variety of career development opportunities in the Fintech industry.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests