Senior Business Analyst 1 - NAB NPP Project
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
It’s an amazing opportunity to join a talented team of innovative and committed folks doing interesting work at the world’s largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions!
You will represent a key member of the scrum/development team specialising in payments solutions. You will work with significant clients in the banking and payments sector and be responsible for gathering requirements, requirement elicitation, grooming user stories, prepare BA artefacts and system verifications. You will also have the responsibility to guide the development team through the requirements to make sure implementation is in-line with the client requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Actively engaging with clients/product owner to gather business requirements.
- Grooming the product backlog and work with the client/PO to elaborate requirements.
- Engaging with the scrum development team on a regular basis to ensure that the requirements are well understood by the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the business feature developed is in-line with client expectation.
- Providing subject matter expertise in domains such as real-time payments, ISO 20022 messages, SWIFT MT/MX, accounting, and reconciliations etc.
- Acting as first level of contact for the development team to provide any requirement clarification and assist in making rightful decisions providing functional guidance and mentorship to the technical team.
- Conducting requirement gathering workshops, brain-storming sessions, functional and non-functional requirement analysis sessions, system verification and training.
- Preparing analysis artefacts such as use cases, data modelling, interface specifications etc.
- Performing impact assessment for client requested changes.
What you bring:
- Solid experience working as a Business Analyst within a payments technology environment
- In-depth domain knowledge of payments (real time payments, international payments).
- Knowledge of financial services industry (NPP, RTGS, SWIFT).
- Knowledge of standard financial messaging protocols (ISO20022, SWIFT MT/MX).
- Experience working with distributed development team.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes and principles
- Extensive knowledge of Business Analysis standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
A bonus if you have:
- Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) certification or similar
- Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Developer certification or similar
- Knowledge of FIS products such as OPF
- Knowledge of tools such as Enterprise Architect, JIRA
- Knowledge of SQL, XML, REST
What we offer you
- A hybrid work environment and career development resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A great compensation package including employee share scheme and medical insurance
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests