Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digitalFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digitalnullMYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed.
Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
Do you love complex problems?
Do you want to work on a product that is a meaningful part of people’s lives?
Do you want to be part of and help shape an amazing design team?
What’s great about us?
We’re a product company. We make something that has a meaningful impact on people.
We’re a tech company. Post-its and table tennis, sure. But really it’s that buzz of people thinking about, debating and making something.
We work in cross-functional teams organised around customer value. We try our best not to write sentences like that last one TOO much.
What’s great about being a designer here?
Our team is made up of around 40 passionate designers across three cities. We love learning – we have weekly critiques and brown-bag sessions. We’re supported by specialist visual designers and researchers.
We don’t throw our designs over the wall. We know that everyone here helps make the user experience, but the design team is trusted to make the call.
We’re people nerds, obsessed with making things that matter for our customers.
What We Look For In Designers
Our designers cover a lot of ground. They
- want to understand our customers and are happy to use discovery techniques to do it
- get their team involved and make sense of the findings
- design by thinking and sketching and mulling and doing that over again
- purposefully design in multiples, not just seeing one future
- seek out critique and feedback to help improve themselves and their designs
- take prototypes to users and are willing to change their mind.
Our philosophy is to make sure product designers are involved in the full lifespan of a project. Why? Because we are not our users. We’re not accounting experts. We want designers who jump into any domain, make sense of it and design a way forward.
What We Look For In a Product Designer
- Proven experience creating websites and mobile apps
- Loves seeing the world through someone else’s eyes and designing a product that fits their mental model of the world
- Has a driving desire to create awesome experiences for clients
- Can communicate their ideas with developers and managers at the appropriate fidelity and confidently improve the collaboration between these disciplines
- Passionate about your craft
- Wants to see their designs used by real people in usability studies - even if it makes you squirm in your seat
- Research and discovery techniques
- Product design
- Interaction design
- Information architecture
- Design validation/usability testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to work with appropriate design tools
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within (and across) cross-functional teams
If you want to work in an environment where collaboration is key, your opinion is valued and your ideas can make a difference, you need to work at MYOB.
Apply now! We look forward to meeting you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests