Customer Success Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
Customer Success Manager (12months Contract Training Programme) As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening relationships with small and medium sized merchants in Singapore. The Customer Success Manager will serve as the product consultant and subject matter expert regarding company operations processes, procedures, and policies. You will uncover and address strategic and product roadblocks to optimize the use of multiple PayPal products and mitigate merchant churn. With the ability to be a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to merchants, you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship for high potential merchants in Singapore.
You will proactively address strategic and product roadblocks to enable use of multiple PayPal products and mitigate merchant churn. Your success in this role will be measured through customer satisfaction, integration quality, sales opportunities, and decline/churn prevention. Customer Success Managers must know the company’s products inside and out and proactively identify sales opportunities for lead pass generation to the Inside Sales team. You are often called upon to provide technical support to customers or to provide training on their products. You may even help customers plan and understand the best ways to utilize their software or products based on the customer’s business needs or business plans. Commit to providing value at every interaction. Serve as the focal point for all information and communication on critical operational issues and act as the service contact for all operational areas (technical, workflow, customer support, risk, billing, etc. issues). You should also possesses knowledge of PayPal’s products and services, as well as trends, developments and challenges of the payments industry.
- Engage with Singapore small and medium sized merchants to develop strategy, build trust, and demonstrate value of PayPal
- Develop strategic relationships with decision makers, including CTO and product owners.
- Proactively deliver value to merchants through ongoing use and optimization of existing products
- Advocate for merchant with internal teams, including product, technical support, etc...
- Manage existing portfolio growth by reviewing merchant operating model and identifying expansion opportunities
- Lead pass revenue-bearing opportunities to sales
- Drive merchant retention through ongoing relationship management and churn mitigation/negotiation
- Provide reactive servicing for production outages, refund approvals, brand risk product escalations, chargeback adjudications, etc.
- Address compliance, risk, and regulatory concerns, field incoming reporting and reconciliation questions, and address questions and complete formal analyses on declines and interchange
- Working with merchants to resolve account limitations to enable customers to continue processing with PayPal.
- Liaise with internal teams to complete periodic underwriting reviews
- Manage cross-functional teams (including TAMs) to execute servicing needs
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience required
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple customers, developing opportunities, and exceeding new business targets
- Results-driven with Revenue growth as a KPI
- Analytically strong and ability to manage data using Excel or other tools
- Proven consultative sales abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborating across multiple departments and influencing all levels within an organization.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time-management skills.
Key Role Competencies:
- Trusted advisor and proactive partner
- Ability to build strategic working relationships
- Value delivery
- Strong planner / organizer
- Ability to communicate, listen, and influence
- Adaptable / quick learner
- Strong Account Management skills - Engage with customers, providing solutions, gathering feedback and managing customer satisfaction for a given account
- Strong Business Needs Analysis skills - Investigate customer’s existing business processes, evaluate requirements and define the scope for recommended solutions and programmes
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills - Identify key stakeholder relationships, needs and interests, and coordinate with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Deliver Stand out Results – develops decisive strategies that deliver tangible results
- Execute Well – focuses the business area on strategic priorities; operates clear, simple systems
- Compete to Win – identifies consumer and competitor focussed business opportunities
- Innovate – leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing environment; challenges convention
- Enable and Grow Talent – builds capability and a succession pipeline
- Lead Completely – contributes to the business leadership agenda; sets business area vision
- Navigate the Matrix – organisational awareness, engages widely with peers and seniors across PayPal
What we offer?
- Be a part of a dynamic company helping shape the commerce landscape
- Concrete experience with strategic thinking and on-the-ground drive and execution
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via PayPal’s network of global locations
- A supportive environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal